Gifts for the farmers.

centralbeltstalker

Hi,

Thats me finished work now so the next detail is going to see the farmers and drop off their X-mas bottle/s.

BELLS 8 YEAR OLD
GLEN MORAY 12 YEAR OLD
GLENMORANGIE 10 YEAR OLD
GLENFIDDICH SPECIAL RESERVE
ABERLOUR 10 YEAR OLD
BALVENIE DOUBLE WOOD 12 YEAR OLD
TULLIBARDINE 10 YEAR OLD
GLEN STRUAN SINGLE MALT
MACALLAN 100% PROOF
MACALLAN 10 YEAR OLD

12 BOTTLES OF VODKA
4 BOTTLES OF WOLF BASS WINE

Although all wont go most will.

Best to keep them on your side.

Equates to 4000 acres of mixed shooting

Merry Xmas to you all

View attachment 3933

Ditto...did mine on Monday 8 Bottles 10 Year Old Vintage Port and Lots of pots of Stilton...

They were all very pleased that I'd made the effort to drive through the snow to get it to them

ArthursC

One expense I wont have this Xmas now I am on the electric scooter.
I used to give my lot bottles of Bells or Grouse bought in advance at Morrisons when they were on offer at £13 a litre bottle.
Never had a complaint, although someone on here called Bells and Grouse `Yak ****`. The experiences of some on here never cease to amaze me, which normal person would know what `Yak ****` tasted like ?

Xmas and New Year best wishes to all.

HWH.

And all the best to you as well stag1933. I'll raise a glass to you when the bells come in for 2011.

Ken. It probably won't be Bells or Grouse though - although perfecty palatable. Mine will be from a bottle of 12 year-old Highland Speyside at fifteen quid bought from Lidl. A nice dram.

mine is all but done
just 2 more farmers to drop off too
and the lad who leases the stalking next door, as he lets me retrieve any runners I may get
equates to 6 bottles of port,
4 x 1 litre bottles of bells whisky, which was on deal at 2 bottles for £25 ( bargain)
2 Christmas trees
1 turkey and some venison joints

so all in all not a bad Xmas after all

We do a mini hamper

Home made jam, home made fruit vodka and a bottle of wine or whisky. Sweets for the kids.

Our thinking is that if only the owner/dad/man likes us we are safe enough. if the mum/wife /kids also like us we are home and dry.

All in a neat wrapped box. It does not cost much but makes the owner feel valued, and i think it helps.

I hope my farmers are not reading this as some only get a bottle however, we have 4 permisssions that are very soecial to us and others that are nice but not as special.

D

I used to look forward to the offerings we got at work from those with our stalking/shooting rights, it was very much appreciated by me as I got up to milk on Xmas day ;) but tbh was really nice for people to drop stuff off for us. I miss the home made sloe gin one of the lads used to drop off. :(

We have so many farms we cover , it too costly to do the quality whisky thing, ( & some are women) so its x2 quality wines (red & white) 1 tin of chocolates . Still costly with the drive up & around, but well worth the effort, as we only see them occasionally, some once a year :lol: .

I save all the bottles I get given when I take guests throughout the year, do a 50/50 deal with my butcher on Muntjac/wildboar sausages and butcher a few Roe and Fallow myself, I share this between my farmers doen't get too expesive then.

WD

I dont take anything but i do get the odd bottle off Farmers for doing a good job niice to be nice.;)

I feel like a right tight &%*&£$% amoung you chaps. I normally get them a nice bottle of red and some chocks for the wife/kids. Bearing in mind I only shoot vermin on these permissions and the odd duck and Pheasant!! I guess if I had Deer to stalk that would be a very different situation adn worthly of the best bottle of scotch :thumb:

I feel like a right tight &%*&£$% amoung you chaps. I normally get them a nice bottle of red and some chocks for the wife/kids. Bearing in mind I only shoot vermin on these permissions and the odd duck and Pheasant!! I guess if I had Deer to stalk that would be a very different situation adn worthly of the best bottle of scotch :thumb:

that's not tight mate that's doing the decent thing.
giving a little gets you a lot back.
none of the seven bottles i delivered today where unappreciated and in fact all where very grateful
also bear in mind all i shoot on the land is rabbits foxes and hares.. no deer

I have arranged a days Salmon fishing, plus 25 clays and cartridges tuition for two plus whisky, what ever I give
its never enough for what I receive

Frank i know one thing mate i wouldnt give them the steam off my **** for what you get if they dont give! Me the deer stalking they can shove what else they want sorted. Now all that permision that you have to me is absolutly worthless. Its about knowing if what your doing is worth while job or if you are getting a favour from the landowner. But what i will say if my farmers have a problem with anything they know they can rely on me to sort it.

My farmers all get a box of sweets as they all prefer them to spirits and there wives and kids all love sweets.It pays keep in with the farmers wives :lol:.

Bob.

I dropped 2 butchered munties and 250 cartriges for farmers son last night and ended up staying for a couple of hours chatting. Some bits of permission like this are rock solid other bits i feel like i could loose it at any minute

Indeed, COOP had Glenmorangie (?) on offer from £32 to £19 a bottle so bought one for the Landowner and one for the Farm Manager as usual.

Both said that I shouldn't bother but that they should be giving me something for all the good work on the bunnies !! Shooting is my passion, the rabbits, the foxes and the few deer I get to shoot is well worth £40 of anybodies money !!!

To have 650 acres literally across the road and another 3000 or so acres within 20 minutes of driving is a privilege that I value and am really getting very cheap on this basis.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Frank i know one thing mate i wouldnt give them the steam off my **** for what you get if they dont give! Me the deer stalking they can shove what else they want sorted. Now all that permision that you have to me is absolutly worthless. Its about knowing if what your doing is worth while job or if you are getting a favour from the landowner. But what i will say if my farmers have a problem with anything they know they can rely on me to sort it.

Dave,

the land i shoot i do for a hobby, i dont expect anything from them and i would certainly not expect them to thank me by giving me gifts. the gifts i give them is to keep me safe and guys like you off the land:rofl:.
the deer that are there are slowing growing in numbers. if i can give them a safe haven for a while the number will give me a sustainable herd within two/three years. you ask any person on here if they could have 500 acres five minutes from the house and all it cost is a bottle of malt would they take it, i bet the queue would be long.
have a look at my pictures at the 15/20 day pigeons and 10 or so crow days i get. priceless for a pastime. I even gave my lease holder a gift of a bottle this year to show my appreciation.
nice to be nice as they say.

Merry Christmas Scrooge
frank

Back