Lunar Eclipse Winter Solstice 2010

gitano

I have, in all my years, never been at the right place or the right time or the right weather grrr, to see a solar or lunar eclipse. I can no longer say that. Last night, on the solstice, was a total lunar eclipse that could be seen from where I live. The clouds threatened, but I could still see it through the wispy clouds. The haziness of the following images are in part due to the clouds and in part due to the lens I was using. I'm sure you can find MUCH better images than these somewhere on the net, but I'll post these anyway.

By the way, this only the second time since the birth of Christ that there has been a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice.

Moon1.jpg

Moon2.jpg

Moon3.jpg

Moon4.jpg

Moon5.jpg

Moon6.jpg

Moon7.jpg

Moon8.jpg

Moon9.jpg

Moon10.jpg

i was lucky i was on my way to work and managed to see the whole thing awsome paul great pictures atb,wayne

I watched it as i had just got to work. It wasnt as impressive as gitanos pics.. It was clear but didnt see that deep red colour.

There was some stat saying that was the first lunar eclipse on the winter solstice for 400 years.

yeah it started at 0630 and was a total eclipse at 0740 where i was.. would rather have been stalking than being at work!

Back