Sako 85 Finlight

375 mag

Just a quick question guys im thinking of buying a Sako 85 Finlight in .308 but im not keen on the stock can you get these form gmk with a wooden stock or is it a case of finding another supplier !

wouldnt another sako 85 stock fit it? What is it about the finnlight that you like and want opposed going for another of the 85 range?

It would be cheaper to order one with a wooden stock i thought as appose buy the rifle then order another stock ! i'm not sure but i don't think the other 85's come with a fluted barrel !

Can you get barrels fluted post production? Saying that, thats probably more hassle than buying the finnlight and replacing the stock.

Give GMK a ring

Tel: +44 (0)1489 579 999

bearhouse.jpg

Hi Ben cheaper to get another stock i think , i dont like the light coloured inserts in the stocks although the ordinary 85's have all black stocks and after the trouble with my Remington i've gone off synthetic stocks !

Cheers joncarnage ill try them as my local gun shops not much help unless it's on the shelf to sell !

i thought you had sorted your remington stock? i was thinking the other day that the wooden stock on my 595 hasnt moved and its been out in all sorts of conditons..

Give GMK a ring

Tel: +44 (0)1489 579 999

bearhouse.jpg

I take it you are joking suggesting that the poor guy rings GMK with this query? Thats just cruel and at Christmas too! He'll be lucky to find someone who knows what a Finnlight is let alone what the stock options are! JC

Hello cheers for info macberran my friend has one and it shoots fine ! Can't get hold of GMk theve shut for xmas

sako

When I enquired as to an aftermarket laminated stock was quoted in excess of 600 pound by gmk. Cheaper to buy the sako you want and get a riflesmith to flute the barrel.

Atb Steve

Could someone please explain to me why you would expect a trade importer to speak direct to the consumer? They only supply to trade so you should speak to your chosen retailer.

Bit like wanting to buy a Suzuki and expecting Suzuki UK to respond with anything other than a referral to their WWW which has a list of retailers.

Stan

Last edited:
You can get sako 75 stocks to fit need a bit of fettaling had a sako 75 synthetic stock fitted to my .308 85 finnlight fitted like a dream. Feels a lot better than the original stock.

Back