swarovski ballistic turret

MJM

I have a Swarovski Z5 Scope with a ballistic turret which I have set to various distances. Up to now I havent had the chance to use the trurret and was wondering how easy they are to use in the heat of the moment?? I do think that out on the hill when you have more time and on long distance shots they may come into thier own?? Any thoughts....

I personally prefer the use of a BDC type reticle, it's already in front of your eye, in the "heat " of the moment how many clicks did you put on ? was it 4?, or only three?

I have a Swarovski Z5 Scope with a ballistic turret which I have set to various distances. Up to now I havent had the chance to use the trurret and was wondering how easy they are to use in the heat of the moment?? I do think that out on the hill when you have more time and on long distance shots they may come into thier own?? Any thoughts....
its a quick as poping up your butler creeks,if you have your rifle zeroed at 200 yards you dont really have to do anything "in the heat of the moment" as its just point and squeeze

Let's face it, any "heat of the moment" type shots are going to be less than (probably way less than) 200m so the BT doesn't come into play anyway. I have recently upgraded to a Z6i with BT from an S&B purely as whilst in Scotland recently there were a couple of opportunities out to 300m, no wind, observed the beasts for a good 10-15mins grazing in rides and if it weren't for the fact that I would have been aiming at thin air and guessing at the drop I would have happily taken the shot. The BT will allow these shots when they occasionally present themselves, no rush or "heat of the moment" but now, when I have the time on such a target it's a simple case of ranging it which I can do with my bins, whack the BT to the corresponding coloured dot (no need to count the clicks here,) crosshairs on the boiler room and squeeze the trigger. Now that's simples on a target that would otherwise be doubtfull approaching foolhardy!

Let's face it, any "heat of the moment" type shots are going to be less than (probably way less than) 200m so the BT doesn't come into play anyway. I have recently upgraded to a Z6i with BT from an S&B purely as whilst in Scotland recently there were a couple of opportunities out to 300m, no wind, observed the beasts for a good 10-15mins grazing in rides and if it weren't for the fact that I would have been aiming at thin air and guessing at the drop I would have happily taken the shot. The BT will allow these shots when they occasionally present themselves, no rush or "heat of the moment" but now, when I have the time on such a target it's a simple case of ranging it which I can do with my bins, whack the BT to the corresponding coloured dot (no need to count the clicks here,) crosshairs on the boiler room and squeeze the trigger. Now that's simples on a target that would otherwise be doubtfull approaching foolhardy!
superb scope for deer shooting arnt they

Haven't used it in the field yet but, on my rifle and at the range I'm impressed up to now... the pain of the cost has certainly subsided faster than I thought it would :lol:

Haven't used it in the field yet but, on my rifle and at the range I'm impressed up to now... the pain of the cost has certainly subsided faster than I thought it would :lol:

they have certainly hit the nail on the head with the Z6i BT models,I use mine regular I only go out to 500 yards which Iam happy with,I was lucky I got mine when they first come out so it was very reasonable

Thanks for that, I have my 6.5 / 55 zeroed at 100mtrs and for shots around that theres no problem. But I do agree with Vipa in that with rangey shots it will take the guess work out of the equation. I suppose if I dont use it much when I do need it I will be glad I bought it...

Back