My new rifle

flyingfisherman

Well, after two months i have got my new rifle! It was built by Steve Kershaw. Its a Stiller Predator RH short action with a LW 1:10 26'' stainless barrel, chambered in 7mm08. Its pillar bedded into a McMillan swirly stock and has a HS Precision mag system and Jewel trigger. Steve very kindly made me an 'invisible' thread cap for it which you can (or cant) see from the pics. Steve received the barrel from LW 3 weeks ago and has since then put it all together, set up the stock and pillar bedded it. The quality of work looks fantastic and im pleased with the chioces ive made. I topped it with a S&B PM2 3-12x50 IR.

I went to the range this afternoon (i only got the rifle this morning) to find that i had left the bolt at home! :doh: So after a 30 min round trip, i did manage to get the first shot down the range. Now only another 9 or so one shot, one clean processes to go!

bcad6391.jpg

42275639.jpg

2db506ab.jpg

cf72b9b3.jpg

b0047e54.jpg

Just my cup of 'T'.

Not a million miles away from the type of rifle I use. What made you go for the 26'' barrel given the current fad of short tubes? Apart from the obvious velocity advantages.

well for £100 i can get it chopped down but cant get it put back on, so i may get it chopped but to be honest ive gone off using mods for stalking so i dont need a short barrel.

Im looking forward to getting out after a deer with it! Im hoping to have the running in done by Wednesday..

well for £100 i can get it chopped down but cant get it put back on, so i may get it chopped but to be honest ive gone off using mods for stalking so i dont need a short barrel.

Good point. I left mine at 24'' when it was built and I have avoided using a mod as well. In a .243AI it is not really necessary for the recoil however, now my 2 young lads regularly come out with me it may be added for the sake of their ears and so they can leave the ear defenders at home. Nice kit regardless.

Cheers matey, Ive got a JetZ for it but plan only to use on the range really.. or if its nice easy stalking. I dont like carrying a big lump up hill and down dale along with throwing it all off balance.

Prob just the picture" he's made a good job of threading the barrel wish id had mine done the same way !

I had Steve re-do (he did not build the rifle) my crown and threads to the same as the rifle pictured, great job.

Steve built a friend of mine a Tac20 on a LH Stiller recently, seriously nice rifle.

CD - i think when my .223 is due rebarreling i may go for a tac20. awesome calibre for varminting! I have to say that its a pleasure to deal with SK too, he isnt happy unless hes made you your dream rifle!

Good point. I left mine at 24'' when it was built and I have avoided using a mod as well. In a .243AI it is not really necessary for the recoil however, now my 2 young lads regularly come out with me it may be added for the sake of their ears and so they can leave the ear defenders at home. Nice kit regardless.

Mine started at 22.5", took it down to 20.5", no regrets at all. Combined with the Roedale Delta, it handles very well.

Mine started at 22.5", took it down to 20.5", no regrets at all. Combined with the Roedale Delta, it handles very well.

I would have liked to reduce mine by a couple of inches as well to help with the balance of the mod, but I'm limited by the flutes in the barrel. One downside of them I suppose.

Very nice looking rifle i hope it shoots as good as it looks and i hope it ets you plenty of deer.;)

Keith, I got a 20MOA rail from SK in the end and hes about sorted the stock, i will send you a better pic! Ive only had 2 shots with it and im waiting for the copper dissolver to work its magic as we speak. Ive got it zeroed now and will have a pretty much full day running it in tomorrow with the hope of going after a roe this week!

Im having trouble adjusting to these metric scopes though!!

Dont like placcy rifles much but have to say that i could probably give gun cabinet space to that one, not bad(big compliment)coming from me.:D

Back