Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6pointer aw level 2

6pointer aw level 2

hi would just like to say a big thank you to dave for taken me out on a level 2 AW
    stalk ,i managed to stalk in on a doe under the watchful eye of dave and bagged
    a nice doe ,we saw a few deer on a lovely bit of land ,and cant thank him enough
    cheers mate

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Well Done to you both.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

No problem Tam you done well mate its not evey one that can take the presure and you done fine. The deer came in at 41 lb and will be on the tables of some luckie people for new years dinner. here are a few pictures i took .

I hope you were in there with him 6 pointer, he would be a fair way off to nominate a shot etc.
    Only pulling your leg, well done.

John that picture was a failed stalk the deer moving off on to chaple ground so the picture was for the posing aspect and also to prove to me he could stalk in even if the shot was not available. But it dose tell people like Tam who gets us to witness them why we are a real pain in the ass and always close even if it might upset the stalk.

Photo evidence aswell
    not that you need it, but makes a good reminder in years to come
    so nice going Tam
    It's not a bad feeling when it all goes right is it and can't see Dave letting you loose on his deer at that distance with recognising you were capable
    so a good day allround

Like I said just pulling your leg, I know you are as straight as they come when it is the dsc2

John there is no problem with your post at all infact it is really important we tell it how it is. That will let any one that is ready to do there LEV2 know the facts i am sure TAM was woundering why i was up his ass most of the time and why i wanted to know what deer he was going to take how he new it was a doe etc etc. Also i wanted to know why he didnt fancy the shot range safe back stop deer position etc all this gives me confidence in the chaps stalking abuility. We saw quite a few deer and plenty were not safe shots but they were all looked at and studied ps for any one concerned that i might be takeing pictures and messing up a stalk the pictures were only taken when the stalk was not on not safe or a differnt decision had been taken also when every thing was completed.

Last edited by 6pointer; 30-12-2010 at 12:17.

Well done the pair of you, it's great when a post not only tells the story of a successful stalk but is also educational. These sort of post's are priceless as they impart a lot of information to a lot of folk. They don't have to jump up and say they have learnt something. just admit it to themselves and it is job done.

Well done Davy and Tam

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

hi davy very good post with pics ect level 2 at its best well done davy and tam
    cheers tom