big cumbrian cat

hang on a minute are we now saying that maybe all these "big cat" sightings are actualy just normal black cats combined with over excited people :-|:-|

I live in the area and the only big pussys around these parts belong on the two legged variety
They were always a lot to be found in blues or Topper's in Penrith back in the day.A pint of Diamond white and casterway was always a good bait to catch those two legged pussy of the bigger breeds with , that or a bag of chips ;) and cheeper than a taxi home after 2 am on a sunday morrning.:D
Or so i have been told:lol:

Bob.

Brough club ! the floor was that sticky they couldnt run off :smug: i landed one in there and it was like a cross between a horses collar and a black cat wi its throat cut AND 2 foot deep in places ! There was a fat bald headed bloke used to hang around there i think he was a keeper ?

Brough club ! the floor was that sticky they couldnt run off :smug: i landed one in there and it was like a cross between a horses collar and a black cat wi its throat cut AND 2 foot deep in places ! There was a fat bald headed bloke used to hang around there i think he was a keeper ?

I remember him well he used to issue a piece of 7x1 at the door and a piece of rope so you could strap it to your back so you could not fall in:D It used to kiff like the shite house door of a Fleetwood trawler and they are definitely contestants at Egremont in the gurning championships as well. I Once took a bird home from Kendal she was that big she at a part time job at Ringway Airport kick starting Boeings.

Last edited:
Just to let you know how we use to hunt felix in groups of at least 4 or 5 only armed with a tin of redstripe for courage .When we found one we would try and separate her from the pride and one of us would go hand to hand with her and the rest looking on untill you had her seadated and it was safe to be left alone with her.To be on the safe side we all so use false names as they can turn ugly very fast (normaly when you wakeup the next morning)and there smell was like 20 regals kingsize,sweat,chips and 2 strokeoil and tuna but you could only smell then in the day light which was strange?
As i remember I was told that the lived on the fells between Shap , Tebay and Appleby and came down in to the town to feed and breed at a weekend and are related to the Buskers welly top that used to be found in north cumbria .
As for any photos of them well i have seen some but they are not of very good quality and you do not want to be flashing them around your Mates.

Ahh happy days

Bob.

Eh , thats just where i lived ! by shap wells , the village of the damed , most of them would have won a prize at eggremont crab fair

Eh , thats just where i lived ! by shap wells , the village of the damed , most of them would have won a prize at eggremont crab fair

I presume from that statement they were that ugly they could fritten a police horse and it takes a lot to fritten a police horse so I am told:rolleyes:

The werent by any chance the offspring of those dreaded felines from Dumfries were they being so close to the border ?

Last edited:
I liked it , plenty of sport of all sorts and those hills keep ya fit . Would i move back ? bloomin right . Anyone know simon ack from waitby ?

Big cats you say?

Taken on a mobile phone by a friend at a local golf course, he **** himself!

DSC01960.jpg

Now, there always doubters, thats just life, but, I trust this lad, I believe what he says he saw, it looks a very well set animal. he did say that pictures just dont do it justice. He has used the zoom facility on his phone that has darkened the picture and upset the scaling.

Back