Thread: Wms

Been thinking about the origional march and shoot event a few years ago. I know many of the members that were involved in organising it have left the site but it was a really good day and a fair chunk of cash was raised for h4h. I know there was a bit of talk about doing something similar but it seems to have gone quite. I have been reading a fair bit about this WMS site in Wales that sounds absolutely perfect for that type of event as they even have there own private roads around the site that could host the walk/run. I'm not volentering to organise it (but would definately be happy to get involved) but was wondering if anyone on the site was connected to the WMS facility? and if any of you guys would be interested in taking part if something did get sorted for 2011

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    What is WMS? Have you got a link.

I was one of the organisers for the March and Shoot along with Steve Faulkner (Beawolf) and Steve Wash (Swampy) in 2008 (Both no longer use this site)but then got posted to Scotland and had to hand over to Mr and Mrs GYR (who no longer use this site) as I was going to Kenya and would not be available on the day. It takes a great deal of work and commitment.

When the March and Shoot event was done and Raffle and Auction closed, I am lead to believe that around 12,000 was raised but can not confirm this as I was in Kenya.

I would in hindsight do a great deal differently, but that's life I suppose.

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Edited because this was information not confirmed and might be damaging to the site.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 06-01-2011 at 01:40.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Edited because this was information not confirmed and might be damaging to the site.

Missed your original post, as I ran the range day I would be very interested in your origional information posted!

PM would be surffice, Many Thanks.

Just short of 7000 was raised
    Gyr and myself took over the auction part of it all from Tartan jock couldmt.
    I did end up being in charge of money in the end as one of the organisers couldn't and accounts are available for anyone to see. I still have them
    If I had organised it I would have done things differently and would be interested in the deleted post too!
    You live and learn and have good and bad memories of the whole thing
    Mrs Gyr