Song Lyrics To Live By

Beowulf

Hi Folks,
Have you ever heard a song and thought yeah that's what its all about! Why not share them with everyone. :D

Here's mine: -
'I don't want no boiled chicken, I wanna go hunting and fishing!
Go wild go wild in the country, we're snakes in the grass we're absolutely free.....'

Lyrics by Bow Wow Wow 'Go Wild in the Country'.

All about hating the city life and wanting to run around in the countryside naked killing and eating stuff! :lol:

The punk girl lead singer was rather good looking as well! ;)

If you think I am going to run around the countryside naked on 27th September, you have another think coming, pal! However, I am looking forward to "a complete demonstration of the movement...." :D

There is no way you want to be without your drawers in the Highlands when it is midge season. Fine and sensible sentiments to live by, but be sure to dress for the occasion :eek:

John

One line in a song that gets me. It`s from Shania Twains "that don`t impress me much" The song has a line that goes, "i can`t believe you kiss your cock at night" :confused: (it`s supposed to be car)
basil.

before i was a copper

on my left shoulder i have tattooed "stone free" after the hendrix classic and on my right shoulder i have Born to lose, live to win, the words of the prophetic lemmy. (i did many wild and mad things when i was in the army and drunk)

Funny thing about your song mate Mr B, one of my friends old mentors was involved in recording.. the now disproportionally large ( according to a friend who still see's her) once iconic sex kitten :rolleyes:

The original lyrics were " have sex in the grass" considered quite naughty for the times :oops: and it was thought it may adversly influence the poor susceptable teenagers into shagging in every cornfield, if that was all we had to worry about now :lol: ..lol

Hi Legal,
So she isn't going 'wild in the country' after all, just 'wild in the pie shop'. :lol:
Well never mind they all need loving and fat girls are like mopeds, fun to ride but you wouldn't want your mates to see you on one! :lol:

"I'm driving in my car
when a man comes on the radio
telling me more and more
about some useless information,
tryin' to fire my imagination.......
I can't get no....." etc etc

Was I born to be wild? Nope ..... more like born to be cynical....

It's one o'clock and for lunch, dum di dum di dum.

(Genesis, I Know What I Like.)

Pretty much sums it up :lol:

I guess you could follow it with Supper's Ready too!

Original by Rose Royse in 1978,
Madonna also did a cover in 1996

"Love Don't Live Here Anymore"

Come on everyone, don't let the site fall apart!!! :mad:

Well can't believeno one has thought of this one, I have been winding up Fran all week singing this one ever since me and Stone went out the other friday :lol:

Deep in the castle and back from the wars
Back with my lady and the fires burned tall
Hoorah went the men down below
All outside was the rain and snow
Hear their shout, hear their roar
They've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much more
Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah, Yea
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men
We had to meet the enemy a mile away
Thunder in the air and the sky turned grey
Assembling the knights and their swords were sharp
There was not a hope in your English hearts
When you Hear our drums, hear them sound
We're gonna fight until we have won this town

(Instrumental)

When the knights come along at the end of the day
Some were half-alive and some had run away
But Hear our triumph, hear our shout
We'll probably drink a barrel of ale and much, much more

Tenpole Tudor. Great! ;)

Re: before i was a copper

swampy said:
on my left shoulder i have tattooed "stone free" (i did many wild and mad things when i was in the army and drunk)

when i first read this i almost spilt my wine, i wondered what you were suggesting
then i read it again properly :oops:
off to refill my glass now ;)

Favourite album Big Country, The crossing (track 400 miles )music to drive to. Boston Dont look back, Styx, pieces of 8 and Meatloaf Bat outa Hell. here endeth the lesson
Trapper. :lol: :rolleyes:

Re: before i was a copper

stone said:
swampy said:
on my left shoulder i have tattooed "stone free" (i did many wild and mad things when i was in the army and drunk)

when i first read this i almost spilt my wine, i wondered what you were suggesting
then i read it again properly :oops:
off to refill my glass now ;)

If it's the wine that Gyr gave you, don't waste that, my Missus was leathered on that at the weekend........Crab Apple.. :lol:

Me being a bit of a folk music addict, one of the songs my wife and I perform at our local folk club called I wish I was hunting has a chorus:

I wish I was hunting where the wild ducks run
And the rabbits and the pheasants and the hares
Or searching for a fox in the ferns and the rocks
And I wouldn't give you tuppence for my cares

RH

Back