Big Red- Hind Stalking

Was out at the hinds today at Glen Arkney and had a successfull day with my mate Mike (Big Red, as he is now nicknamed as you will see from the photo) who managed his first ever hind with his first shot followed by a calf, whilst I took the calf of Mike's hind and a separate hind later.

Plenty deer to be seen, but conditions were challenging
.P1020032.JPGP1020035.JPGP1020038.JPG

P1020041.JPGP1020036.JPG
pencil.png

Excellent result in conditions that would have seen a lot of stalkers preferring to stay at home
Well done

Well done big red!

I still think all stalkers are mad. Possibly the only people (winter sports) aside who will be out and enjoying themselves in almost any weather. Good photos and good write up.

DC

Cheers Andy,

It was a spectacular day, and one which will remain fresh in my memory for many a year. Thanks for all your help, you made a big boy happy!!!

Mike

Big Red

Glad you enjoyed the day and hope the wife gives you a kiss now that you have washed your face- LOL

Well done big red!

I still think all stalkers are mad. Possibly the only people (winter sports) aside who will be out and enjoying themselves in almost any weather. Good photos and good write up.

DC
An excellent result, congrats on padding out the freezer!..:D............., but you are not alone in your efforts, we just can't eat what we stay out for!:rofl:

Finnbear- unfortunately these were the Estates deer and heading for the gamie :(! But it was good 'blooding' :thumb:Mike into our sport and deer management life, which I think he now has the passion for :D Roll on the next outting!

Is this the same estate with head stalker Peter? I went there once, as a guest, with a friend of mine that lives in Cumbernauld. I was taken out by a young lad stalker, can't remember his name but he was like a mountain goat, I'm a young and fit but couldn't keep up with him!

Tom

Is this the same estate with head stalker Peter? I went there once, as a guest, with a friend of mine that lives in Cumbernauld. I was taken out by a young lad stalker, can't remember his name but he was like a mountain goat, I'm a young and fit but couldn't keep up with him!

Peter isn't the head stalker that is Alistair who mostly works the ponies nowadays ( Peter is the crabbit one with the reddish complexion) As for the young lad, I would say it is not the mark of a good stalker who goes too fast for his guest

Ey thats the man, peter that is - very ruddy complexion! Lovely piece of ground up there! The young lad was excellent, we had a great bit of banter and he certainly didn't leave me behind. It was just very apparent that he was alot fitter (walking up hills anyway) than me and I run half marathons for fun!

Taystalker/tjwaines- Peter generally takes to do with the deer stalking whilst Alistair deals with the pheasant shoots. They are complimented by Brian (mountain goat?), Andy and Chris, with Jock from another part of the Estate. Great bunch of guys, even Peter once you get to know him! The Group of us that were out have been Beating for them this Season, so know their 'traits'- LOL

Well done Mike - if you can you can hit them with a rifle/scope that Andy has set up you will be quids-in with a proper rifle!!!

Brian

Back