Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Wee Dog

My Poor Wee Dog

Well, the vet just phoned with some bad news. My poor little Holly has a neuroblastoma. It large and probably benign but it is growing and will eventually close off the aorta and intestines. He said it might be that one of the veterinary unis could operate but you run the risk of spending thousands and still have a dead dog at the end. If it was his dog, he said, he wouldn't operate.

I've now got to go and tell an 8 year old his dog is terminally ill. Great start to the holidays.

So, when it all gets too much, she'll join my old boy who we lost just before Christmas, under the cliffs down by the shore where the gulls wheel and the oystercatchers bicker and the heather comes down to the sea.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Sorry to hear that, great shame and a Beautiful dog.

Never nice to experience.

Sorry Frax.

Feel for you mate !

Nice to see you have a good vet that gives sound advice and not just taking your money !

so sorry to hear , she is such a beautifull dog
    terminal illnesses are never easy to come to terms with what ever age they are
    take care

It's a sad dirty business when the time comes to make the decision, it's hard, very hard to follow your head when your heart has something else in mind.

I always swear that I will never put myself through it again, but I always do.

Hi Drew,
    I lost my Lurcher Poppey at Christmas to cancer. Only today I saw a dog just like her, I jumped out of the lorry to take a second look; a complete double in every way. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I spent the rest of the day thinking about my old pup, she would have been 10 years old in two weeks.

It will be hard and we all have different ways of coping with the loss. Nothing much I can say but you have to do what is best for your dog. I'm gutted for you mate I really am. I'm so sorry to hear your bad news.

Thanks for your comments chaps, it's much appreciated. It's going to be a hard time. The ironic thing is she's being a little treasure at the moment and a total joy to be with. Hey ho.

Well, that's it, my poor little dog is gone. It's hit the family very hard, especially my 8 year old. At the moment he's wrting a bgapipe tune for her and has made a plaque to go on her grave. It's difficult to hold on to your emotions when you child is in so much grieff.

She was a more a member of the family than any dog we've ever had and will be sadly missed.

The last photo of Holly: