Made a digital caller

These are the links. Maplin have discontinued the exact ones I bought. Here is the link.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/amplified-travel-folding-speakers-42493

I have never used these ones but seem similar. Only £8.49
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/11876081/Hyundai-Fold-up-Amplified-Portable-Stereo-Speaker-System/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518%7Ccat:11876081%7Cprd:11876081

This is the MP3 player that I would get if I was needing to get a cheap one. Only £12.97.
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-8833.aspx

Would be worth trying for £20.

Let me know how you get on if you try it. Like I have said, happy to supply the MP3's if anyone needs them.

Cheers

Ross

I too would be interested in some fox calls, I can put them on a USB stick then plug the stick into the stereo of the pickup.

I tried to download some from the links but files are "corrupt"

No problems, happy to share the info.

Let me know how you get on.

ATB

Cheers

Ross

Just got into the my head office today. Unbeknown to the company they have kindly been storing all the MP3's on their server!! If only they knew!!!

The files size for all the fox calls is 54mb so too big to e-mail. I have also found some other calls that may also be of use, I will put them on the same CD!!!

I will get some cheap CD's that I can burn these MP3's onto and send out to anyone that has requested the calls so far. I will PM you and ask for addresses that the CD needs to be sent to. Otherwise happy for any of you to buy me a pint and I will give the CD in person.

Cheers

Ross

Last edited:
Hi,

I have now copied the MP3's onto CD's. I have had some addresses PM to me, if anyone else would like one, PM me your postal address and I will send. First come first served.

MARKG and Blueeyes will be the first two.

Cheers

Ross

great idea,but is it legal? i no for a fact its not for things like geese and ducks,is it different for vermin

great idea,but is it legal? i no for a fact its not for things like geese and ducks,is it different for vermin

You are quite right it is against the law to use electrictonic calls for duck, goose and any other bird for that matter.

For vermin (fox) you will find there are a lot of calls that are for sale in any good gun smiths up and down the country. So it is catagorically 100% legal.

Glad I could clear that up. ;)

Cheers

Ross

hi ross,iv seen them for sale but iv also seen it written on the paperwork for instruction only.not to be used as a caller.again this may be for geese etc im not really sure.i wouldnt trust a gun shop just because they sell them,after all most still sell lead 3 inch wildfowling loads.must be someone out there who knows

You are quite right it is against the law to use electrictonic calls for duck, goose and any other bird for that matter.

For vermin (fox) you will find there are a lot of calls that are for sale in any good gun smiths up and down the country. So it is catagorically 100% legal.

Glad I could clear that up. ;)

Cheers

Ross

sorry but that means nothing. You can buy a still a bong or a gin trap quiet legally but you cant use them. The point is firstly who is going to know and secondly if I had a fox taking poults or stock birds I would kill it and if that means with an artificial call so be it. I feel differant however with regards to deer or quarry rather than pests and preditors.

However I dont know why I feel like that, i just do. Ethically there is no differance I suppose.

Mark

I have checked with my FEO that using a digital/electronic call is legal. As I said in an earlier post calling foxes is 100% legal.

Calling any bird species is illegal if you intend to shoot it, I have seen some references to people taking a photo of the bird first and then shooting it! I am not sure how legal this would be, so I would definitely not recommend it!!

I have sent out quite a few of these CD's now. I hope they will be useful.

Would be interested to see how you get on using them.

Cheers

Ross

I've been following this thread with interest, got the Radio Shack Amp which i've coupled with my mobile phone (c/w a few calls located on the web) and all sounds good, just need to get out there and see what develops.
On the development front - in the course of this I have stumbled across the fact that the mobile is a potential Night Vision Camera...just waiting on my IR filter to arrive and we'll be into full stealth mode.
Just hope it will all result in a few brushes.

hi mark, i bought the radio shack app/speaker, use it with my iphone,very load and works a treat, thank for the heads up mate

Back