Gunsmith in south wales

swisher44

Hi all,

Does any body know of the closest gunsmith / engineer in south wales who will make custom mounts.

Cheers
Swisher44
David

hi mate,
not sure if David in Neath gun shop would do something like that?
have you tried keen's, litts or Country sports in Kenfig?
if not i know Andy @ UK Custom shop will do that but he's up by Droitwich!
there's also a new gun shop open in swansea, not quite sure of the name, but i'll look for it!

cheers
Andrew

Swisher what work do you want done exactly? As far as I know the three gunshops in South Wales mentioned by sika seeker are exactly that gunshops and not gunsmiths! They may be able to put you in contact with a gunsmith or direct you further a field, there being a couple of known repute in the south west. There is also Adrian Cook based in Newport who used to be a very accomplished pistolsmith but I don't know if he now does work on rifles. Adrian is a registered firearms dealer and his contact details are available on the RUAG website as he stocks RWS ammunition.

I been doing a bit of research on mounting my kite night vision on my riflle and have tried one or two rails but with this scope there is not much space for the bolt when in use. Also the scope needs to be set back so I need some custom mounts made and possibly a custom bolt.

So what type of rail are you looking for - picittiny perhaps? Also what rifle do you want to mount the scope on?

Hi 8x57 and that you for your imput, Yes I need picttiny rail and the rifle is a .243 zoli bavarian. I got a friend that has the same scope and he needed custom mount and his bolt had to be bent a little.

Thanks david

Have you looked at the Leupold website because Leupold make some mounts to fit Zoli rifles. Another company that definately produces a suitable mount is www.recknagel.de for which Alan Rhone is the british importer, or Apel but neither of these will be cheap.

Lets have his details please, where is this shop in Church Village - always handy to know.

Hi guys my first post on here, came across the site through google after searching for forums. Just wondering would this
Chap be willing to shorten the barrel on my rifle? Looking for a good gunsmith? Thanks in advance guys.

Huw welcome to the site but you need to introduce yourself first on this site.

Hi guys my first post on here, came across the site through google after searching for forums. Just wondering would this
Chap be willing to shorten the barrel on my rifle? Looking for a good gunsmith? Thanks in advance guys.

Vince is well able to shorten your barrel and screw thread it if required. Give him a call and have a chat about what you want

i know a guy near cardiff! bit of a character but boy does he know his guns! he does lots of benchrest & builds all his own shooters
pm me if you want his details.

Back