Realtree Camo used for Sika deer stalking/calling.

Bill Bartlett

Hi, Guys - I think most of you will agree that Sika stag stalking or calling is the most demanding of all. Sika are extremely cautious and cunning. Calling them can be a hit or miss affair, but when they do come out you need to be very well hidden or they will diaappear fast. The best gear I have found for this is realtree camo in hardwoods green - see for yourself with the attached pics. Bill.

I have Deerhunter Reel Tree kit, I rate it highly.

Very easy to blend in, I have had walkers pass within 5m of me and have not seen me. I think Army DPM would have stood out.....

TJ

I had a look at your link Steve but couldn't see anything. Is it working? :lol:

Your pics show how good it can be Monarch. However your surroundings blend well with the camo, not everywhere does. I have tried some that stick out like a sore thumb others are very good. Military DPM has stood the test of time and a good pair of tweeds can be good. Depends where you are. I remember the time there was no non military type camo, and we managed pretty well!

I had a look at your link Steve but couldn't see anything. Is it working? :lol:
Link seems ok to my browser Mike, if you search on google for camouflage patterns it will take you to the Wiki encyclopeadia site , on there is an exhaustive list of cammo links, just pick one & google it, some real good schemes from around the world.

Your pics show how good it can be Monarch. However your surroundings blend well with the camo, not everywhere does. I have tried some that stick out like a sore thumb others are very good. Military DPM has stood the test of time and a good pair of tweeds can be good. Depends where you are. I remember the time there was no non military type camo, and we managed pretty well!

Hi, oldkeeper - I think I have used pretty much every type of clothing in my career, from tweeds to kilts!. I still find that camo is the best, but as you say you have to pick the cloth to match the surroundings. I have several patterns and colours for most situations, this one fits in with the rocky woodland very well.

Back