scoping a rifle in

alan

Folks
Please settle an argument for me.
Is it legal for an FAC holder to get another FAC holder to scope his rifle in for him if he (the rifle owner) is not present on the day. Assume that the rifle is being scoped in on his (the rifle owner) land and at no time would it travel on public roads etc.
Many thanks
Alan

Folks
Please settle an argument for me.
Is it legal for an FAC holder to get another FAC holder to scope his rifle in for him if he (the rifle owner) is not present on the day. Assume that the rifle is being scoped in on his (the rifle owner) land and at no time would it travel on public roads etc.
Many thanks
Alan
No you cant unless that firearm is on your own FAC or your an RFD with testing condition,if you get cuaght you will be BIG bother

What authority in law would the person carrying out the zeroing have? Can he legally possess it, is he a RFD with authority to test fire? The land aspect has little or no bearing on it in this case. So the simple answer to the question asked will be a big fat NO.

more relevant is why would you want to?
I wouldn't want to have my rifle zeroed by someone else as you dont know where it could end up when it is you pulling the trigger.

only way they could do it without you present is adding the rifle to their FAc or them being an RFD

If he is not licensed for the firearm, he cannot use it under these circumstances. Think about it, you as a FAC holder are out with a rifle that is not entered on your certificate. its just the same as a non certificate holder being in possession of the rifle. Forget any of the exemptions, RFD or RFD's employee etc, anyone using a rifle which they are not entitled to possess is committing an offence.

John

The boys in blue might also have something to say to the FAC holder who had 'loaned' the firearm out as well. ;)

Only way it would be legal for someone else to use your rifle would be the estate condition, where you can allow anyone who is not a prohibited person to use your rifle, on land over which you have shooting rights. The estate condition requires that you must supervise the user. This is normally taken to mean being within sight and sound of them, so if you weren't there then it wouldn't apply.

Back