first decent scope

Distinguished Member
Hi lads/lasses

I saved up and bought my first decent scope a schmidt and bender 8x56 :D, wow :eek: what a difference its made compared to the cheap scopes ive always had in the past.
i would go as far to say its improved my shooting abit, this just backs up some good advise ive had off other forum members, that said the scope and decent mounts are the most important part ,not the gun, which is true because i have the schmidt attached to a old savage 110 using cheap ppu ammo it now shoot 1 inch groups @ 100 yards all day long.

What are your opinons ??????

ATB
Dave

Yes Dave real good choice of scope i use one on my 223

Solid, well built good optics and excellent at night for lamping. For a hunter its everything you need for what we would term normal distance work.

Money well spent

I have 2 S&B's I like them above other scopes, personal choice I suppose. I had a Swarovski, but never liked it. You took the advice and forked out what you could on the best glass you could, never bad advice and as you have seen for yourself, it was worth the cost.

Good Luck

TJ

Told a young lad a couple of days ago, I would rather have a £750 scope on a £250 rifle than the other way around....

Told a young lad a couple of days ago, I would rather have a £750 scope on a £250 rifle than the other way around....

Brian

+1 on that.

I figure when I'm out stalking I look through my binoculars all the time, through my scope occasionally, and pull the trigger once or twice.

I'd always suggest prioritising spending money in the same sequence.

willie_gunn

I figure when I'm out stalking I look through my binoculars all the time, through my scope occasionally, and pull the trigger once or twice.

I'd always suggest prioritising spending money in the same sequence.

That should be a DSC1 question/answer!

I'll add that you'll also hopefully be making good use of a decent pair of binoculars on a lot of other occassions other than pure stalking - recce on deer or ground, wildlfe watching etc. etc.

Money spent on good glass is never wasted and a good scope will normally outlast the user!
At least you had the good sense to get good mounts too! Many a good scope is wasted by attaching it to a rifle with a cheap set of mounts!:doh:
8 x 56 is a good choice for fixed power too. A newer rifle can come later.
Happy shooting!
MS:)

Thats what we like to hear a happy customer definately a wise choice as so many will vouch for,happy hunting.
Neil.

223. nice choice! I took the same advice and got the same scope, no looking back, its doing all I need it to do right now.

The S&B is a real pleasure to look through, a mate had one. When you pout decent galss to the light and it looks brighter than the naked eye it makes everything so much more crisp adn the experience that bit more enjoyable IMO

I have 3 S&B Zeniths and love them all!
They are all better than my binos at last light.
I would buy more of them if I had other rifles to put them on..........

Back