Chamois Hunting

groach1234

Just got back from a week skiing in Switzerland and everyday whilst in the cable car watched a group/herd of about 20 chamois on the mountain. Now to hunt these animals in the most spectacular scenery would have to be the ultimate hunting experience in europe for me. Now its not something I will be doing anytime soon but it just got me thinking it would be a great thing to do. Am I right in thinking that it would be outrageously expensive? even if a medal animal were not to be involved?

George

It shouldn't be outrageously expensive, although the obvious flight and accomodation costs would apply! The guide we used on our recent Bulgaria Boar trip organises such hunting so could pass his info onto you if required !

Tom

Hi George
Its one of my dreams to hunt Chamois, think I've finaly sorted a swap hunt in Austria so it doesn't have to cost you a fortune.

Atb Wayne

You can hunt them in NZ at reasonable costs, the price on the Swarvoski estate 8 years ago was £1,500 per animal not sure what it would be now. I hunted them in NZ but without any luck a couple of years ago. I would like to have another crack at them, you need to be fit though, very very fit by UK standards.

ATB

Tahr

Hi George,

Chamois hunting is great here in Bulgaria and very inexpensive compared to other European countries!!

Please contact me to see what we have on offer here.

Simon

Hey Wayne, where you going to in Austria out of interest and what time of year. I was there after the 'gams' a couple of years ago, it was superb.

Hey Wayne, where you going to in Austria out of interest and what time of year. I was there after the 'gams' a couple of years ago, it was superb.

I will be going to an area about 1.1/2 hours south west of Vienna seen a lot of photo's of the area looks stunning makes me out of breath just looking at the photos ;) .

My friend wanted me to go this year but I have too much booked already so I'm having them over to hunt as my guests in March and will return to him the following Autumn.

No need to rush give me something to look forward to, where abouts did you hunt???

Wayne

South of Salzburg near to Zell am Zee at a friends area, scenery was breathtaking as was the route march up the hill to begin stalking!! :D

Ended up staying in a hunting cabin attached to a cow shed one night during a thunder storm which was interesting to say the least!!

Hoping to get back again next year other commitments allowing.

Last edited:
Back