Thread: Forum settings my end or a problem I need to accept?

Forum settings my end or a problem I need to accept?

I'm not sure if anyone else suffers from this but yesterday was quite a painful one for me! I had a PM regarding one of my rifles so as you do, did my best to give a long and detailed reply of my experiences with it. Well by the time I was done (I'm not the fastest at typing but at the same time I know I'm not the slowest) I clicked send and was informed that I needed to log in to continue.

Now you wouldn't think that would be a problem, but in my past experience and again yesterday it certainly was. I logged in when I started and the message I'd typed out was lost. No amount of going back would help, it was gone. So, 30 or so minutes of typing just gone because for some reason the forum feels the need to log me off again even though I'm actively typing! I ended up sending a vague breakdown of the original, which I copied before clicking send in case I needed to paste it in if the same happened again. I used to copy/paste every time when I was posting here a lot, but after a break I usually forget. To write the message I have to be logged in, so what changes whilst I'm typing?!

Is this common or is it a problem my end? I'll now try to post this, but will copy it first!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    You will have been logged out/timed out. The next time you log in, there is a tick box that askes if you wish to stay logged on perminantley, tick it and you should not get the problem again.

Here is a detailed, with pics of how to do it

Hope that helps

Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Sorry to hear that but yes it has happened to me. Usually when I get interupted on the puter by something in real life .

I try to remember to copy now but hittign the "Go Advanced" tab seems to help bit then preview. I do this and spell and typo check as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    From the point of view of best practice as far as security is concerned normally I would agree.

However, if you received emails on a daily basis telling you that:

• they have forgotten their password
    • they put in the wrong password 3 times and got locked out
    • they closed their browser by mistake and when they opened it they were logged out - why?
    • they just spent an hour typing a post and when they pressed Reply it had logged them out - please delete my account I'm never coming back would recommend they tick the little box.

Personally, I tick the box. I also lock my screen when away from my PC so that no one can make use of my logged in sessions whilst I am away.

I'd never be as mad as that, but it does bug me pretty badly sometimes. I'll tick that little box next time! Cheers