What would you do

ASK FOR HELP OR SAFE FACE

• Total voters

centralbeltstalker

As i always say buy cheap buy twice.
would you have stayed and tried to dig out or call for help

I have just spent the last hour digging out and pushing a td4 discovery from a field.
For the mans honour i will not mention his name as i feel he may be a bit embarrasssssed ;).
Following a brief discussion of will i or wont i he did. :doh:
Well it didnt ha ha despite his confidence of its ability.:oops:
We did discuss the will we phone the farmer or not and as i am not one to take advantage of the situation i did ha ha.:lol:
Along came the manitou and towed it out. :doh:

Alls well that ends well, home loads work a treat, rifle confidence 1000% up, motor filthy.

Thanks for a great afternoon mate i needed that wee pick-up today.:D

atb f.

should read save face but dont know how to change it sorry:oops:

Last edited:
Is it a coincidence that a lamping partner of yours has a disco?? Maybe a talking point for this evening.

Ive put call for help on this one,but that would be after Ive tried my hardest to get out first! there is no shame in getting stuck..unless you drive a manitou:lol:

Don't see much to lose face over in this thread, try unsticking 40 tonnes of loader shovel when unexpectedly finding the water table rising up through the sand!:oops:

I've voted save face and dig out.
So far, touch wood I've only ever twice been so stuck that I've needed help.

Once just outside Moniaive, when I lost both back wheels of my VW Transporter in the forestry track side ditch. It was a long walk to the nearest road and I knew no-one locally. Two of us sweated blood getting the van out of that ditch.

The other time was in the Dogon region of Mali when a diagonal crossing of a storm gully didn't quite go as planned and my Defender ended up cross-axled. On that occasion I turned to the nearest village for help, and so many people came to my aid that the Land Rover was practically lifted out by manpower alone. It did cost me a few francs though.

I voted save face but only been stuck twice, once in a field and managed to get out eventually but managed to take out a gate post doing it:oops:,and once on the road when i reversed up a steep hill on a single track lane so some poor old lady didn't have to back down,i thought it would be quicker,saw what looked like a pull in out of the O/S mirror and went straight down a ditch,turned out the little old lady was my local farmers mum so had no quarms about getting him to tow me out.:D

Voted call for help. Wish I had done so years ago before I wrecked the gearbox on my old series 3 Land Rover trying to rock it to and fro out of the mire. Still had to ask for help once all drive was lost. I had to sort out the gearbox in the snow as well, once it was back home. :cry:

i once forded a river in series 2a and water caused the thing to stop half way , i got out to dry the dizzy cap and rotor arm , after taking of the dizzy i cap i pulled the rotor arm off and proceded to drop it in the river :doh: it was never seen again took 2 range rover chained together to pull me out , my mates have never forgot .

so i voted call for help

65x55

having done both , and not liking digging very much its call for help all the way !

this is what happened last march , i only went to pick up a high seat to move it :doh:

24953_368721243135_674818135_5183083_1886393_n.jpg
[/IMG]

24953_369145238135_674818135_5184252_2216443_n.jpg
[/IMG]

If you've never got stuck and needed help whilst offroading - you haven't done much offroading! We've been stuck loads of times in our defender 90's, hense the top offroading comps are often 'pairs' competitions. We once had a brand new combine stuck in a particularly wet field and were about 10 mins from calling a local crane company to tow us out, when the 2 tractors managed to tow it free !

Tom

Back