Well, today went out to the range and had a great time with my very first selection of homeloads.
I have just taken this up and decided to make differing powder mass as a starting point.
I made 6 lots of the same bullets but increasing the powder 0.5grn each time.
The following is what I made:
Once fired case: Winchester
Bullet: 165grn BTSP (Hornady Interlock)
Powder: VitaVhouri N-140 (40.6grn, 41.1grn, 41.6 grn, 42.1grn, 42.6grn and finally 43.1 grn)
Primer: Federal Match
0.020" from the lands.
Each bullet loading went very well, the best bullet tested so far was the 43.1 grn, gave me a good group, less than an Inch at 100 yrds. Tested the same bullet recipe again at approx 160-170 yrds and very little drop, great response from the rifle and bullet combo.
The reason for the starting of homeloading was due to initially having a mare with this rifle in the fact that it was fussy on the factory ammo I was trying on it. The bullet placement was all over the place and very inconsistent. Now after today, I am very confident in the bullet placement using this new rifle......more loads development on going.
I will post pics when I get a chance.
For me, just goes to show that homeloading does have an very large affect on the performance of the rifle.
Very happy this afternoon......even after getting the Disco stuck in the mud at the range.