Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Had a bit of a mishap while chopping a Roe head in half for the dogs earlier,and just got back from A&E having been told that I've only gone and severed a bloody tendon.And trust me I know how bad that can be as I done 3 fingers and the main one in the wrist back 2001 .....3 months in plaster,I am really pi55ed off I can tell you!!!

In the casualty aftert taking off the wrapping.......

and,starting to get a bit worried as the blood is pooling up a bit now.........

By the way,they have sent me home to come back on Monday(maybe)or Tuesday to have an operation,and right now it is throbbing like a ba5tard!!!

If you look at the top pic you can see the end of the tendon at the left hand side...... :yikes:

Feck me mate, now you`ve bin and gone and done it!!
    Rather you than me in the morning.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Didn't know Tendons were in season....

What calibre blade did you use?

Obviously "handload" but are there factory options available?

Right or left "stock" as it might affect the final shot

Bugger me Martin that must smart!

Hope they sort it ok for you mate.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Hope that doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it does
    Hope the surgery goes ok, heal well

Great pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats going to be sore !!!!!!!!!!!!

i reckon that might need a stitch , good luck fella

Whoops, did exactly the same 2 years ago, taking the head off a suspended fallow in the dark.
    Bloody lights had fused in the larder.
    3 months off work because they wouldn't let me drive, and just like you had the op delayed for more urgent case's.
    I cut further back and just missed the artery, but the thumb stopped working.
    All the best for a speedy recovery, at least the deer will be safe until April.

I can sympathise with you Martin, I had part of a middle finger severed whilst the hand was inside a heavy duty welding gauntlet, the guy that actually did the deed near fainted when the item dropped out of the glove onto the workpiece, Now I have a constant battle with a vestigial fingernail growing from the lower joint!.... do hope you heal quicker than I did, as you really do need a thumb! Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!