LEGAL & STONES WALK

legaleagle69

I would like to say thank you Stone for a night to remember, what a way to break my duck with a fabulous and very tastey Warwickshire Roe Buck courtesy of Mr Stone :p

Well I did promise ages ago to do a little write up and post the pics of my first ever real stalk, although Stone says we didn't stalk per se, more of a walk around having a good chinwag :lol:
I was going to post the article I was writing but it is quite long winded of iliad proportions, so as they say a picture paints a thousand words..

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Stone2.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Well done mate. I had heard that it was a memorable evening. Congratulations. A fine buck.

Also, I have to congratulate Stone. Gentlemen of his calibre are few and far between. Good job! (Keep those bucks happy, I am on my way!!!! :lol: )

Cheers Andy .. I know your name was originally on him :D but hey he looks much better in my freezer, and we have already had two great meals with friends out of him so far with many more to go :p

Well done Rob,
A very nice buck! Stone is a good old fella and like many other site members is tireless in helping people achieve there stalking dreams. He has got me a couple of nice beasts and if you and Andy L havent shot them all out I have my name on a Warwickshire buck too! :D

Well done mate. The adrenaline is still pumping from my first buck. It`s one you won`t forget quickly.
basil.

Well done Legal! and well done to Stone for helping another member out with some stalking.
All the best,
Gyr

well, well ,well, rob
where do i start
that evening was certainly a stalk that i will never forget
i say stalk loosely as we never needed to stalk any of the beasts we saw that night, as they all came running to us :lol:
but what a first buck to shoot :D
the look on your face when you first saw it through the binos was something else :lol:
then when you had grassed it with nicely placed shot
the look on your face said it all,
that was grattitude enough
aren't you glad i convinced you to take the carcass home , with the neighbours butchery lesson and now some great venison all jointed up in your freezer
i salute you rob
some evening
some chin wag
one for the scrap book my friend
ATB
stone

Andy L said:
(Keep those bucks happy, I am on my way!!!! :lol: )
Andy realy looking forward to it mate, with any luck the bucks will be rutting well by then , and that can get the adrenaline going :lol:

wadashot said:
Well done Rob mate ;) and to you too Stone, for taking the man out ;)

wadas
wadas old mate
just remember you still hav an open invatation, when ever you are ready to take it :)
ps highseats are up and running , and working well cheers mate ;)

Yup Stone is a real star, I wasn't going to take him home as Fran said for gods sake don't come back with a deer in the nice car, & my chiller isn't sorted yet, but Stone said just hang him in the garage and butcher him tomorrrow.
After watching Frans face after she saw what was in the garage would do it all again just for that ..priceless.. :lol:
It just happens my good friend and neighbour was a meat dealer who gave me a butchery lesson on the Saturday afternoon, we left the meat to "set" until the wednesday evening when we had a celebration dinner with mucho cerveza and couple of bottles of good red wine ..almost as good as the friday .. only a shame you were missing Stone

You the Man 8)

Well done legal!!!!
Nice buck and good photos.
How was the buck fever? First buck I saw I seriously couldn't stop shaking, it was impossible to take a shot, but the first one I shot, I was cold, dead steady and they were only a couple of hours apart, that was one of the hardest things for me to get my head round.
If I ever get the hang of photobucket, I'll post piccies of my first buck, but my hair won't be so impressive!
ATB
Geoshot

Thanks guys really nice to get all the great feedback, Stone was a great host, and yes the Buck Fever was buzzing through me guys.
:p However when Stone said about looking for another I said leave it as it was enough for me to get that superb Buck, plus it was bloody heavy and didn't feel like dragging another one a further 500 yards :lol:

We did see lots if deer later in the rape fields several nice Fallow and a couple of very respestable Roe Bucks, It was a glorious sunny evening, we had a very enjoyable an educational walk, Stone showed the signs to watch for and likely spots that the animals would frequent.

Just could not have been a more perfect first stalk, I can only hope the Burgundy was just as good as my walk mate :D

Gent's
What to say, great achievement a fine head, and a fitting scene , :)
I will have to raise a glass in admiration! All good things to those who wait!
I am eating me underpants in desperation to find me a cull buck this season. Legal I thought you was an old bugger, your barely out your teens :lol:
Well done . Trapper

Lol do I take that as a compliment.. it is a weird old thing how we picture each other on these forums, when we met up at Quex the only ones I sussed were RobMac as I had seen his photo previously and Mr B which went without saying :lol:
I thought Stone was an old bugger from his posting also then had a great surprise when we met up ..lol
Good though one mate ... b4 you set about me lol :lol:

Back