Key Board Warriors

admin

Administrator
We seem to be getting a few more key board warriors of late. In general these are idiots, trolls who tend to spout of and only join a site to cause issues. Then you get the coward who either Pm's members or mentions people whilst on another site, something they would not have the guts to do in front of someones face, so they hide themselves behind a computer.

Either way this site does share information with other sites, and any threats and defaming of anyones character will be treated seriously and evidence kept. Some may think they can remain annonimous, well think on!!

The SD site like many is monitored by other organisations, including the police. But these idiots fail to see it :rolleyes:

This site is here to help all stalkers, old and new alike, and has helped many into the world of deer management and stalking and good friendships have been formed and thats what this site is all about, helping people.

Admin

Here Here

This sight has helped myself a great deal, and i have met a few off the site who have shown me whats what in the stalking comunity. Teckel ( Ron ) Benc ( Ben ) to name a couple. If people dont like what they read/ see dont come on the site.

Steve...............

Unfortunately this is a problem everywhere on the net. I will say that sometimes people don't realise how their posts are coming across, and without the information from body language and tone of voice it's easy to misunderstand the intent of a persons posts.

Of course, there ARE those who are obviously out to cause trouble, and making them aware that they CAN be traced, that they are not anonymous, often helps to get them to moderate their behaviour.

This site is here to help all stalkers, old and new alike, and has helped many into the world of deer management and stalking and good friendships have been formed and thats what this site is all about, helping people.

Hear! Hear! Manners maketh man.

Thank you, admin.

I think that 90% of this 'trolling' behaviou is down to just one really persistant person, recently evicted yet again ?? Always has the same MO, appears on several forums but has a particular liking for this one, which should be a compliment I think.

There is more than one person posting disguised threats, insults or just plain antagonistic replies on the site, topics are hijacked go way off thread, and some new members bullied with antagonistic/rude replies, the site is used by some as a platform to post you tube videos with no connection to Stalking what so ever, then there are the long range/head shots to do a bit of stirring. I've made many friends on this site, and after 30 years plus of stalking have gained some good ideas on here, its a shame that a small minority are tending to use the site for their own agenda to stir up trouble then slide back into their sad lonely world at times. deerwarden

troll

This is an interesting topic and has raised its head several times.
its funny that at our recent Sd members meeting the comment " I'd like to post more but fear getting put down".
Thats real unfortunate as all decent members have something to contribute.
I also find that on occasions when, what seems a simple question, it actually unearths something i didn't know or fully understand.
We all have an opinion and have a right to say it.
Trolls do tend to be disruptive because they may be jealous of the fact they cannot integrate with normal people.

Its a new year and hope that we all can get along.
you know what they say.

Good shot reload :lol:

frank

internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerlifter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confines_of_a_keyboard.jpg

We seem to be getting a few more key board warriors of late. In general these are idiots, trolls who tend to spout of and only join a site to cause issues. Then you get the coward who either Pm's members or mentions people whilst on another site, something they would not have the guts to do in front of someones face, so they hide themselves behind a computer.

Either way this site does share information with other sites, and any threats and defaming of anyones character will be treated seriously and evidence kept. Some may think they can remain annonimous, well think on!!

The SD site like many is monitored by other organisations, including the police. But these idiots fail to see it :rolleyes:
What about all the idiots who post on peoples for sale? adverts, mocking or making stupid comments about there cars/guns/equipment etc, could admin do something to stop this?

What about all the idiots who post on peoples for sale? adverts, mocking or making stupid comments about there cars/guns/equipment etc, could admin do something to stop this?

If you start an ad and someone is asking unreasonable questions, or posting off topic or unhelpful posts in your ad simply report the post using the report post button underneath the post in question and we will be alerted. We can't hope to monitor every single post which is why the report post facility is there.

It is obviously disappointing that individuals are choosing to intentionally and often maliciously troll and/or stir the pot, just for the sake of it. However, with that being said, what one person considers a troll could be a sincere, but woefully naive, post by a novice. While I am sure there a number of tell-tale signs recognized by the admins, i.e. no introduction, reoccurring IP addresses under different names, etc., senior member making negative comments towards novice members is not the best way to get new people into the sport. Along the same lines of the previously mentioned sentiment of being able to post without fear of being put down, while some posts may seem to be painfully obvious to the experienced stalker, the only way someone who doesn't know is going to learn is by asking. These negative aspects are, thankfully, an exception rather than the rule at SD - which is, in my humble opinion, an invaluable knowledge base and networking medium for the anyone looking to get into the sport.

hi me again , it was not that long ago i was presumed to be a stirrer or troll , i hope that is no longer the case , but could somebody explain what a troll is please ? (internet wise )
not like the ones that live under bridges , i also notice that some people get grumpy if a question has been asked previously , i asked a couple of questions when i first came on this site that i did not no the answers too , i now do but had to take some abuse and accusation s of being a troll and poacher !!!
imho if you want to ask a question however other people see it ask it , a question is only stupid if you already know the answer !!
there is no need to be rude either online or face to face we are all adults and should be able to talk freely about our chosen subject s.
i am not perfect
i have shot 10 or more in a day
i have walked many days and seen none
i have missed
i have wounded
i have failed to shoot a 1/2 group at 100 m
i have lost deer
but i am always willing to learn more and impart any i have learned
i will post threads that people dont agree with but lets keep it friendly

anyway rant over

65x55

It is obviously disappointing that individuals are choosing to intentionally and often maliciously troll and/or stir the pot, just for the sake of it. However, with that being said, what one person considers a troll could be a sincere, but woefully naive, post by a novice. While I am sure there a number of tell-tale signs recognized by the admins, i.e. no introduction, reoccurring IP addresses under different names, etc., senior member making negative comments towards novice members is not the best way to get new people into the sport. Along the same lines of the previously mentioned sentiment of being able to post without fear of being put down, while some posts may seem to be painfully obvious to the experienced stalker, the only way someone who doesn't know is going to learn is by asking. These negative aspects are, thankfully, an exception rather than the rule at SD - which is, in my humble opinion, an invaluable knowledge base and networking medium for the anyone looking to get into the sport.

Admin are aware of the few repeat idiots that bounce around various sites. What they seem to forget is that everytime they cause an issue the evidence is or can be kept. It is getting easier to pin point who they are these days, and its quite obvious they are stupid enough to believe that they will never be found out.

As we have said before we welcome all genuine stalkers/hunters to this site for help, advice and friendship.

What a pity these few pathetic idiots do not put more effort into helping others, if they did it would certainly make them a better person, and might improve their stalking skills as well ;)

Last edited:
you should start somthing similar to the pub watch scheme that you get in market and county towns. If some one is violent or makes an ars@ of them selves in one pub and it is serious enough for the land lord to bar them they are then barred from all pubs in the town. I would be good if you could do somthing similar with the UK shooting forums.

Dave

Back