Good Electronic Scales

Mesmer

Hi,
just found these scales online.

http://www.quicktest.co.uk/acatalog/Chinese.html

I have been looking for some digital scales for a while and was reading an article that said RCBS scales are manufactured in China. The top Chinese scale manufacturer is Amput so if RCBS wanted a reliable manufacturer I am sure they would go there.

The scales on the link and manufactured by Amput and weigh amongst other things grains with a 750 grain capacity. They come with a calibration weight and scoop which I presume is a pan. They are accurate to 0.001 grams which equates to 0.0154 grains.

Ian

Hi Mesmer,
I bought a set of MTM scales from Tim Hannam reloading Ltd Tel: 01977 681639 they were £34.00 and are brilliant, I'll send you the details if you PM me your contact details?
Actually the wife bought me an RCBS chargemaster for xmas so now i only use the MTM's if i want to check something and havn't got the RCBS's set up, they are useful as a second set to double check the consistancy of loads or bullet weights.

Cheers

Tikkat3

Look on fleabay, .001g £15 and accurate/repeatable....

I would say that it is advisable that you have a beam scale (kept nice and clean) to check and compare with.

Last edited:
i bought some cheap ones off of fleabay and they are fine when the batteries are in charge but they can vary a bit when the batteries are low. In the end I got some 505's which is just as quick to use tbh once you are used to it. or splash out on a chargemaster or similar .....

i bought some cheap ones off of fleabay and they are fine when the batteries are in charge but they can vary a bit when the batteries are low. In the end I got some 505's which is just as quick to use tbh once you are used to it. or splash out on a chargemaster or similar .....

this is the route im slowly going down 505's are the way to go !

I have had 2 sets of electronic scales now, and both exhibited the same problem; in that when trickling powder into the pan the scale would not register the increase straight away. Some times not at all, and when the increase was finally recognised my intended powder charge had been exceeded. It got to the point where I would trickle in a small amount and then remove and replace the pan on the scale to see how much I'd increased the charge by. In some cases the scale would finally register that the weight of powder had increased only for me to remove and replace the pan and get a heavier reading on the second attempt. My electronic scale now only gets used to weigh bullets and pellets.
Are these newer "cheap" scales any better than those which have gone before?

Thats exactly the problem I have with mine Harry its actually a real pain in the butt, gone back to using the 5-0-5 beam scales.
As I'm not exactly running a production line, the extra time involved is neither here nor there.
It got to the stage I couldn't trust them .

Electronic scales seam good but imo inless your spending a good amount on them i wouldnt use them.
505 beams scales from rcbs are consistant and accurate.

and as you all know when reloading thats very important for good loads and most of all safety

Back