Thread: Buffalo River Knife review

Buffalo River Knife review

this is my first review, so bare with me

Yesterday i bought a new chopper, a Buffalo River maxim m100. i got it from a local gunshop for £14.99. first impressions, it looks good, black drop point stainless blade and rubber handle ( boilable ) the sheath is wonderfull cordura and once its in it will stay there for ever. its god a reasonably thick blade that comes with and holds a good edge. it has only paunched and skinned a bunny, but it did a good job. overall very pleased with it and will over take the fallkniven as my stalking blade, and at that price i can loose it more often

Any Pictures of this item please?

hi sam just a couple of questions
    how did you get on when buying the knife?
    what thoughts about the blade shape for when you use it for skinning a deer or even sticking one?
    a few pics would be good as your fallkniven may now become redundant and you liked that knife i could tell

i did not buy the knife as i am under 18 i use it when i have reason to and all that
    unfortunatly i cant do pictures heres a link

i like a drop point blade for skinning as it feels "right" in my hand be it zipping them open or skinning them

Hi Sam

About 6 weeks ago i was checking out ebay usa, and i came across a schrade Knife exactly the same as your buffalo river one.

Cost me about the same as yours did with the postage , and seems to hold an edge well for a knife in this price range.

Bellow is a link to a shop that sells the schrade x timer range. The hunter drop point is the one i found on ebay

Although i have been looking at making my own knife as this is something i have wanted to do for along time

Check out SWC Knives on google there kits look well priced if you want to have a go your self