hi to all fellow stalkers

pj1

hi. ive only been stalking for a few years (unless we include rabbits) but love to be out in the woods stalking and observing deer. its taken me several years to get the kit i have got and its not top notch but i want to encourage those who may be put off when looking at the prices of all the top notch kit thinking they need it at the start. sure i would love a brand new rifle with a zeiss or schmit scope and binos to match. but as long as your rifle is accurate and reliable and above all we are personally good enough then isnt it about stalking and deer rather than price tags:)

Welcome pj1, nice to read your comments regarding your rifle and bins. Good luck pj1 I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum.

pj1, Welcome to the site.
When I started, the land owner said "You are welcome to sort the deer, but i want them sorted soon." I had little money at the time and a young family, but managed to buy a second hand BSA CF2 and forty rounds of amunition. Years later money and a SAKO came my way, which I treasure. However, an opportunity to buy another
CF2 Stutzen a few years back came along and that is the rifle that is most often taken from the cabinet.

Welcome to the site Pj1. Nothing wrong with the kit, besides high quality and expensive kit certainly dosnt make a high quality stalker!!

Best

Sikamalc

Hi Pj1

My favorite rifle is about thirty years old and still shoots spot on.

Don't worry about the kit just enjoy your stalking.

ATB

thanks for the welcome. i never thought as a teenager with an air rifle that i would be stalking. but lots of saving 2pound coins and 50ps and a good amount of reading , practice and asking around i have finally found myself stalking. im even at the point of only wanting to stalk. forget fishing and foxing its deer all the way

pj1, Welcome to the site.
When I started, the land owner said "You are welcome to sort the deer, but i want them sorted soon." I had little money at the time and a young family, but managed to buy a second hand BSA CF2 and forty rounds of amunition. Years later money and a SAKO came my way, which I treasure. However, an opportunity to buy another
CF2 Stutzen a few years back came along and that is the rifle that is most often taken from the cabinet.

a man after my own heart. i have always wanted a stutzen and saw a bsa in 243 next to the 308 half stock i hope to buy. if i didnt want a bit more clout it would have been the stutzen all the way. who knows i will have the space on my ticket for a 243 for the next 4 years so i might just persuade my self i need one before renewal

hi. ive only been stalking for a few years (unless we include rabbits) but love to be out in the woods stalking and observing deer. its taken me several years to get the kit i have got and its not top notch but i want to encourage those who may be put off when looking at the prices of all the top notch kit thinking they need it at the start. sure i would love a brand new rifle with a zeiss or schmit scope and binos to match. but as long as your rifle is accurate and reliable and above all we are personally good enough then isnt it about stalking and deer rather than price tags:)

No you will not do at all, you won't get far if you have got that much common sense :).

Very nice intro, welcome to the site we could do with more like you.

John

No you will not do at all, you won't get far if you have got that much common sense :).

Very nice intro, welcome to the site we could do with more like you.

John
hi john thanks for reply. sorry i dont undrstand your first line before the smile. think i know what you mean. been a bit sleep deprived as oldest daughter is on fifth week of intra venous antibiotics. i will have a look again after some shut eye.

regards pete

I'm extracting the urine :), you are very welcome, now go back to sleep.

John

I'm extracting the urine :), you are very welcome, now go back to sleep.

John

thanks for that john i thought you might be. if i had enough hair left i would say i was having a blond moment.

Back