music to shoot deer by

Ah now, here is a topic finally worth a bit of thought.

On my Ipod are:

(The Epic Collection)

1812 overture - Peter T.

Third movement of the 9th - Ludders B.

In the hall of the mountain king - Edvard G.

Sabre Dance from Spartacus - Aram K.

(Ironic cull music)

"Morning" Per Gynt - Edvard G.

(Doe culling consolation track)

L donna e mobile - Pepe V.

(Perfect day tune to be smug to)

Blue Danube - Johan S.

a good quality video showing stalking of WILD.. deer!!... with NO..music!.... i like to see wild deer stalked and shot humanely just like as in the YDS videos...the jelen video does nothing for me!!!

I would have though that it has to be the theme tune to the movie the deerhunter what else ??:rofl:

following comments on the Jelen markmanship post and the choice of music - what would you choose?

For the Jelen video I would of thought Eric Clapton would of been better suited there were so many Cowboys running around that park someone must have Shot the Sheriff :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I sat out on a hillside overlooking a section of regen yesterday afternoon. The quiet was fantastic, only the birdsong was audible.

I'd have sooner cut my left nut off than listened to music.....

I sat out on a hillside overlooking a section of regen yesterday afternoon. The quiet was fantastic, only the birdsong was audible.

On a similar note (pun intended) I watched a couple of clips on utube recently that showed some early season Roebuck stalking. As CD says, the birdsong in the early evening was incredible on these clips and although I experience it every year it did not half get me worked up in anticipation of May time.

I really enjoy my winter stalking but early Roebucks with nature coming back to life takes some beating.

I was one of those that passed comment on the music on the earlier clip. I just felt there was no 'connection' to what was being shown to the extent that it was irrelevant. To me it almost conjured up a 'yeehaa, lets get killing some deer lads....' atmosphere. Music is a mood setter and if used correctly could have set a far more appropriate tone to what was going on. Just my tuppence worth.

I think, after misinterpreting it due to not being able to find the post Gary's talking about, that it was to do with the music in stalking DVDs.

I personally prefer no music for the hunting bits, perhaps a little for the title screen and that's it.

Certainly not the "Nescafe the album - Panpipe moods" horse**** that some play over everything.

I would rather be sharp and alert, so for me music is a no! no!, at least not when stalking.
Just imagine someone creep'n up behind you when your wait'n at your favorite spot.
There'd you'd be with Barry White and it would'nt be on your MP3 :doh:
Rgds. Buck.

Whooaaahh there!!! ..... Who said it was a hunting/stalking video??????

But as you ask, someone suggested 'FIRESTARTER' - The Prodigy ............... Brilliant!

For the Jelen video I would of thought Eric Clapton would of been better suited there were so many Cowboys running around that park someone must have Shot the Sheriff :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Take that stetson off when you're talking about us!!!!!!

A religous moment ? My kind of church.

Back