Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris bi-pod.

Harris bi-pod.

Just wondering if any one knows what the gold keyring thing is for on the bipods!! Thanks.

not sure about that but there might be someone on this site who knows about the gold rivet thing, often found at the bottom of a ship

Hang it up on a wall or tree when you want a rest?

I heard about the golden rivet, my best mate joined the navy when he was 16 and he had funny look in his eye first time he cam back on leave

gold keyring

No boubt ill be corrected if im wrong.Ive just looked on mine and would say its nothing more than a way of stopping the stud clip from detatching when the bi pod is taken off the rifle

My guess is, if you have a dog lead clip on your sling, it attaches to the split ring??

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Just looked at mine,

I would think it's a cheapest way of preventing the locking lever being pulled back through. A pivot is required to enable fitting of the bi-pod attachment lugs, to manufacture a pivot method using fixed fulcrum would be more expensive than drilling a hole in a piece of metal that's already there and then fitting a 0.1 pence copper split ring. I would also suggest that a split ring is used as this will catch on nothing, unlike a split pin, that could and inevitably would catch on grass/heather etc....

Cheap but effective.

And yet again i am reminded why i love this site. Thanks!!

Buckden , worried about you ! ! wasnt it at the bottom of the apple barrel!!!
    anyway Duncs not a bad question have oft pondered the reasoning for the
    said ring , have given it a tug or two but no ideas, so there must be a bright spark out there that is willing to share wisdom of the ring. If not I am in trouble coz I got 3 8)

Think Tartin is on the case here!!