Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldi spotting scope 19.99

Aldi spotting scope 19.99

I called into Aldi for a pint of milk today, they are selling 20x - 60x spotting scopes with a tripod from thursday 3rd feb,

dont know what they are like, but may be worth a punt for under 20?

I got one last year for zeroing purposes. My 8X scope on the rifle is better

I wonder why Swarovski and Leica charge 1200 for them.... must be a wee bit better?

I bought one last year and found it not clear enough to accurately see the bullet placement at 100 yards so I gave it to my dad.

Looking at the posts above, I must of got one out of the decent pile!

I'd say it was a smidge behind my mates swarvo in the clarity stakes but it does the job for saving my legs while zeroing.

Worth a punt at 20 I would say.

it all depends on what you want, as long as you can see the holes in the paper at 100 yds then thats good enough for me, if I wanted to count the individual fibres in the holes I might decide to pay a little more at the end of the day its 20, if you use it once a year to zero , you will still get your money's worth! it would be nice to get a 1K+ spotter but its not going to kill me to do with out
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Mine couldn't show me a hole at 100 meters..............

Why didn't I buy that cheap optolyth when I had the chance

Well may I suggest you look at the Russian Helios scopes. I have a 20x one I brought soem years back and it's quite nice. In fact i have also used it for bird spotting.

I'll have a butchers at those.

Usually plenty of decent spotting scopes on eblag. I got a Kowa (Think its a TSN4) for 50, it looks like its been used for knocking fence posts in but I took a chance on it and its fine. I've got a Swarovski too which is a dream to use but you don't see them for 20 in Aldi! JC