Aldi spotting scope £19.99

bobt

I called into Aldi for a pint of milk today, they are selling 20x - 60x spotting scopes with a tripod from thursday 3rd feb,

dont know what they are like, but may be worth a punt for under £20?

I bought one last year and found it not clear enough to accurately see the bullet placement at 100 yards so I gave it to my dad.

Looking at the posts above, I must of got one out of the decent pile!

I'd say it was a smidge behind my mates swarvo in the clarity stakes :lol: but it does the job for saving my legs while zeroing.

Worth a punt at £20 I would say.

Novice

it all depends on what you want, as long as you can see the holes in the paper at 100 yds then thats good enough for me, if I wanted to count the individual fibres in the holes I might decide to pay a little more :p at the end of the day its £20, if you use it once a year to zero , you will still get your money's worth! it would be nice to get a £1K+ spotter but its not going to kill me to do with out :D

Mine couldn't show me a hole at 100 meters..............

Why didn't I buy that cheap optolyth when I had the chance:doh:

Well may I suggest you look at the Russian Helios scopes. I have a 20x one I brought soem years back and it's quite nice. In fact i have also used it for bird spotting.

Usually plenty of decent spotting scopes on eblag. I got a Kowa (Think its a TSN4) for £50, it looks like its been used for knocking fence posts in but I took a chance on it and its fine. I've got a Swarovski too which is a dream to use but you don't see them for £20 in Aldi! JC

What range are they good out to. I guess if you can see the holes at 100 yards in paper you should be able to see fox, deer out to 500 yards?

I bought one of the Aldi ones last time they were on offer. Can't say I was overly impressed with the optical quality, (useless in anything other than good light and marginal over 100m at other times), and gave it to my daughter for looking at birds in her garden. It did prompt me to start looking for a decent scope though and managed to score a top of the line Swaro on eBlag for silly money shortly afterwards. For £20 you get what you pays, so don't expect too much.

I kept hold of my Greenkat spotting scope when i gave up target shooting many years ago it has interchangable eye pieces basic one at 22 magnification and a high magnification at 60 times superb for using when zeroing the rifle in at 100 yds you can read the small print at the bottom of the target and see the ragged edges of the shot . When I bought it was £60.00 but I should imagine they are a damm sight more expensive than that now.

Last time they were offered I had a punt, and found the scope not up to much. It was ok on a target being marked with spotting discs, but no good for spotting holes in the black at 100m.
I picked up an old Green Kat zoom spotting scope on the bay for about £25 (8x-20x I think) which is optically far superior.

Back