Land Checks

270Buck

Hi,

I live right on the border of 3 counties. I have just secured some stalking over the border from my home county. :D

I have called the FEO in my county and he said in Oxfordshire they are taking a massive amount of time to do land checks. For example he has one dating back from November that is still outstanding. :confused:

In Northamptonshire the last land check I needed was done in less than 2 weeks.

I want to be able to get out at least before the end of March but it sounds like this may not be on the cards :rolleyes:

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so did you manage to get round it?

Cheers

Ross

I've had this problem before with a vermin permission. Got onto MY force and explaining that the landowner needed me on there shooting to control numbers urgently. Amazingly, the neighbouring county had the land cleared that week.

Would be a good reason to give for an open ticket though, so I might suggest this 1st :)

Dont wait ask them to open your cert as said or get it checked as you are loosing an income from the ground. Say also that you will be claiming any moneys lost through there Gross Incompitence. ;)

Dont wait ask them to open your cert as said or get it checked as you are loosing an income from the ground. Say also that you will be claiming any moneys lost through there Gross Incompitence. ;)

I asked for an open ticket when I had my variation come back recently, they said when my renewal comes up in nov 2012! I will call my feo and tell him it is required as it will cost me money which I will pass a relevant invoice to them otherwise. I hope it will end up with me having an open ticket otherwise a quick land check would be acceptable in the meantime.

Thanks for your responses.

Cheers

Ross

I am still waiting since October for checks on two out of three pieces of land in Wiltshire. I've had the checks done on four farms in Somerset and one in South Gloucs that were cleared before the end of November.

It seems that there is a huge disparity between forces.

Back