Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jelen Deer Services/Brock & Norris Custom Rifles

Jelen Deer Services/Brock & Norris Custom Rifles

Hi everyone,

New Jelen Deer Services video. (Parts 1, 2 & 3) showing Mike Norris on Screw cutting, Rifle servicing & Ammunition.

Regards

Mike.
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer Services
    Last edited by csl; 27-01-2011 at 23:15.

Hi Mike

Good videos, but ive had the pleasure of watching Mike work in person on my rifles as i live in Gnosall just down the road from him, that man knows his stuff, i would highly recommend him and would advise everybody to use him he is a perfectionist.

Good work mike

ATB
    Dave

These are more interesting videos always interesting to watch how different people do things.

I have been put off ever using brock and norris though the way he is measuring when screwcutting the barrel shows he is not a trained centre lathe turner, and that is enough to put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by sweep 6.5x55 View Post
    These are more interesting videos always interesting to watch how different people do things.

I have been put off ever using brock and norris though the way he is measuring when screwcutting the barrel shows he is not a trained centre lathe turner, and that is enough to put me off.

Don't worry about it Sweep! ..... I don't think Mike Norris is gonna lose sleep if you don't get him to screw cut your rifle!

sweep, id like to see you do a better job as you seem to know it all, can we have a video of you screw cutting a barrel pls

Dont know everythink but i do know you dont use a vernier to measure a cylinder.

Sweep! you do amaze me not only can you tell good back stops on land you've never even seen before you are also a expert at screw cutting a rifle.
    Tell you what stand for primeminister and stand on your soap box and preach to the people who dont give a f----
    Dave.

Well then, ......... Norris has gone and proved you wrong then!!!! Hasn't he!

Dont know everythink but i do know you dont use a vernier to measure a cylinder.
    Been an automotive engineer for over 20 years and I've seen plenty of cylinders measured using verniers.

I see no problem using the verniers for this.

I trained for many years on the lathes both centre and woodworking learning how to make brass and woodwind instruments. I'm sure you can appreciate some of the fine measurements that are needed for this, and I would say 99% of the time the verniers were more than accurate it was only very rarely that I had to reach for the micrometer or dial test gauges and the like.

Just my six pennies worth.

Regards

Ads

PS. I enjoyed the vids Mike well done