Jelen Deer Services/Brock & Norris Custom Rifles

Jelendeer

Hi everyone,

New Jelen Deer Services video. (Parts 1, 2 & 3) showing Mike Norris on Screw cutting, Rifle servicing & Ammunition.

Regards

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer Services

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike

Good videos, but ive had the pleasure of watching Mike work in person on my rifles as i live in Gnosall just down the road from him, that man knows his stuff, i would highly recommend him and would advise everybody to use him he is a perfectionist.

Good work mike

ATB
Dave

These are more interesting videos always interesting to watch how different people do things.

I have been put off ever using brock and norris though the way he is measuring when screwcutting the barrel shows he is not a trained centre lathe turner, and that is enough to put me off.

These are more interesting videos always interesting to watch how different people do things.

I have been put off ever using brock and norris though the way he is measuring when screwcutting the barrel shows he is not a trained centre lathe turner, and that is enough to put me off.

Don't worry about it Sweep! ..... I don't think Mike Norris is gonna lose sleep if you don't get him to screw cut your rifle! :rofl:

sweep, id like to see you do a better job :-| as you seem to know it all, can we have a video of you screw cutting a barrel pls:rolleyes:

Sweep! you do amaze me not only can you tell good back stops on land you've never even seen before you are also a expert at screw cutting a rifle.
Tell you what stand for primeminister and stand on your soap box and preach to the people who dont give a f----
Dave.

I see no problem using the verniers for this.

I trained for many years on the lathes both centre and woodworking learning how to make brass and woodwind instruments. I'm sure you can appreciate some of the fine measurements that are needed for this, and I would say 99% of the time the verniers were more than accurate it was only very rarely that I had to reach for the micrometer or dial test gauges and the like.

Just my six pennies worth.

Regards

Ads

PS. I enjoyed the vids Mike well done :D

Good vids Mike!

I've fixed the embedding so they show in the post. You just click the
video.png
button and enter the link to the video or put it in tags like this:

[noparse][video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJyNiQax4eQ[/video][/noparse]

Alex

Mike is a top bloke and I've always found everything he has done for me has been spot on. The only problem is, he's CORNISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike is a top bloke and I've always found everything he has done for me has been spot on. The only problem is, he's CORNISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't hold that against him! ........ He makes some sh1t hot rifles, and a mean pasty!!!!

As a true born and bred cornishman the only reason I find myself in the midlands is that I am on a diplomatic mission....... to bring civilization to the heathen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to sweeps post . I openly admit that I am not FORMALY TRAINED. No .. self taught and not ashamed of it either. On that point neither is Callum Ferguson , Peter Walker or Stuart Aslem , Vince Bottomly .......I could go on but whats the point. Results speak for themselves . I bulid bloody accurate ,rugged, reliable rifles . I have an level of experience based on real world usage (not sat behind a key board). . Which is applied to every rifle I build and setup.So I have broken one of my own rules and posted on a forum / normaly I prfer to keep a dignified silence however I do beleive that the comment posted does smack of rather misguided snobbery.
please note that I .... Mike Norris do not choose to hide behind a user name.

Back