Vac pac

Rick

Anybody used any of the cheaper vac PAC units ?
My friends is brill but cost over a grand!

Thanks
Rick

I use a £100 Fresherpack vac' packer - it has done at least a thousand cycles so far without problems. The only downside is that you need to use the more expensive embossed bags. I use the silver backing boards from Scobies as it helps keep everything in shape - the cheapest source of bags I've found is The Food Machinery Co. Ltd (The Food Machinery Company
).

Adam.

I bought mine from Amazon, cost about £65 pounds and I use bags from Tesco. Never used one before so thought I'd give this one a try and perhaps invest a little more if a success. Had this one now for over a year and going strong, does what it says on the box !!!
Very good value for money as well.

Andrew James vac sealer, £40 off amazon and going fine so far. Perhaps a little small depending on what you want to bag up.

I have a couple of the Foodsaver vacuum units that I've bought off eBay. Both of them are still going strong after a couple of years. I use them for all my venison, salmon, trout, pheasant, etc.

The are also good when you want to marinade something. Pop the meat plus the liquid into the bag, vacuum and stick in the fridge for as long as necessary - the vacuum 'opens' up the meat and helps the marinade soak in.

willie_gunn

Back