bino's

I bought a pair of these from Sportsman many years ago. Fixed focus and distracting reticle in lenses!. Swapped for 8x30 Leica. Still got 'em. Binos will last you a lifetime. Buy the very best you can (or can't!) afford.

Andy check classifieds (on this site).
ARTUR is selling MINOX 8x43 price drop £370.
£70 above your budget but these are good.

Rgds. Buck.

Never heard of or seen these before, what would you compare them to in terms of quality Stu?

Quality wise they are Zeiss maybe not quite got the sharp definition early morning but have it at dusk and fully water proof and fog proof as they are nitrogen filled and light and armoured a lot better than my mates Steiners and he paid
£540 for his . the set ups a bit different as you have to focus each eye in but once set up its a doggle, well worth the money for general use, wish i had bought a pair a few years ago, a few others on here have also got a pair and swear they are better than some binos costing over a grand, The only fault I can pin point is they have a built in range finder that i cant get me head round but for £40-£50 you can get it removed and all the lenses cleaned ,Zeiss military quality like all german optics they are top precision intruments.

Look at the Kaps range.
Absolutely great clarity and bright.
I spent a few nights on a high seat over snow in Germany recently. The 8x42 Kaps Binos
were brilliant, the new Zeiss 3-12x56 top of the range scope was very dissapointing.
edi

I have just recieved a pair of those Jeff and Jenny bino's (couldnt resist for 50 quid) and have to say Im very impressed with them, be interested to see how waterproof they are

I have just recieved a pair of those Jeff and Jenny bino's (couldnt resist for 50 quid) and have to say Im very impressed with them, be interested to see how waterproof they are

Nice one AB, you will not be disappointed, a man out of my own heart !! Mine have never suffered from the moisture and I have been out a fair bit in the rain. There are other members on here that have them and they speak highly of them also. Of course there are many better binos out there, BUT I would be hard pressed to find a better pair for that price??

Buy the best you can afford. I got a pair of Steiner Nighthunter 8x30. Very good bins for dawn and dusk and the rest of the day for woodland stalking. Had a look at Steiner Ranger pro 10x42 the other day and like them very much too.
Regards
Manfred

i'm in the market for a new pair of bino's not quite sure what 2 get any suggestions please.

I have two pairs of Bushnell bins, they are fantastic value for money and well within your budget. Clear and concise image with the larger objective lens bins been fantastic at early doors. I have 7 x 50 poroprisms and 8 x 42 roof prisims both the H20 waterproof models. Cannot get better value for money.

Saying against the above though if you get a good second hand pair of Zeiss bins then you shouldn't really loose any cash on them and they should last forever.

Ali

Back