Syndicate rules

ezzy6.5

I have been asked to get involved in a small syndicate. it's only on a small bit of ground and there is going to be 5 of us in the syndicate. i am only going to get involved if there is some solid ground rules in place.
What rules make up a good syndicate? we don't want to have to many rules and one of them needs to be that if you bring a guest then you dont shoot as well as the guest.
I wanted to have a few ideas before our first meeting.

Ezzy

How big is the area of ground and what is expected to be shot off it? It would make it a lot easier to suggest ideas.

One rifle is what we used we also had a small box nialed to a post in side the trees just at the gate. In the box was four coloured blocks and each person was given a map of the area 1500 acre it was divided in to four and a highlighter pen coloured the areas. The idea was you could go when you wanted with out any hassel for you or any one else. Just go to the box pick out the coloured block and use that area then if you didnt fancy the area you could go back to the box and get a differnt colour leaveing the one you had back in the box. It worked great and if any one was found on an area with out the block they were banned for one month.

How big is the area of ground and what is expected to be shot off it? It would make it a lot easier to suggest ideas.

<500 acres, Some Roe and plenty of fallow. probably looking to take around 30 Fallow of it this year but might leave the Roe alone untill i can get a better idea of what is there.

Ezzy

Ezzy

I have been in a number of syndicates (~6). The syndicates that worked well were as follows:
someone was clearly in charge and liaised with the landlord
there was a cull plan
it was easy to book outings
the rules were easy to follow
all the venison went into the pot to go against next year's rent
the rent calculation was available for all to see
some folk shot a lot and some folk hardly shot at all
all the members knew each other

Committees don't run good syndicates in my limited experience.

Good luck. JCS

Committees don't run good syndicates in my limited experience.

Good luck. JCS

There's a great Irish quote on committees, "A Committee is a group of people who individually can do nothing and collectively decide that nothing can be done."

Committe

A good committee should have only 2 members, one of which is permanently absent.

Brianm

Murphy's law says
The efficiency of a committee meeting is inversely proportional to the number of participants and the time
spent on deliberations.

Syndicate rules
1 Let the shoot captain know when you are going
2 If more than one person stalking let each other know where you are stalking
3 Dont shoot each other
4 Dont shoot the walkers
5 Dont shoot the motorcyclist (who should not be there)
6 Dont shoot any deer out of season (unless it is injured)
7 GO TO IT

PS Dont shoot the gay man who keeps hanging bottles in the trees containing pictures of himself naked asking if a (nice hunter) would like to contact him. (BECAUSE HE IS NOT IN SEASON)

Last edited:
Back