White Red deer spotted in Holland. See photos

Marcel

In the east of Holland close to the town of Beltrum some nature enthousiasts took some photo's of a white red hind. It is stressed that it is not an albino and it is the first time a white red deer has been seen. White roes have been spotted before, the article says.

Regards, Marcel

White Red Deer 2.jpg
White Red Deer 1.jpg

I may be wrong (and frequently am) - but is that not a fallow?

Protuberant adams apple and what appears to be tail just visible?

I may be wrong (and frequently am) - but is that not a fallow?

Protuberant adams apple and what appears to be tail just visible?

Well, I am certainly not an expert and I see what you mean. The verification, however, was done by an organisation called www.telmee.nl. The organisation is closely linked to the National Databank of Flora And Fauna and 'Telmee' provide the data collected. This Databank was established by the University of Amsterdam and the Ministry of Agriculture.

Looking forward to some more opinions and if there is a consensus, I am happy to write to this organisation about our findings.

Thanks.

Years ago I used to travel up to Braemar from Carlisle.
On the left side going up there was a deer-farm which had some white Red-deer.
We have had white Roe does locally.

HWH.

In the east of Holland close to the town of Beltrum some nature enthousiasts took some photo's of a white red hind. It is stressed that it is not an albino and it is the first time a white red deer has been seen. White roes have been spotted before, the article says.

Regards, Marcel

View attachment 4650
View attachment 4649

They might say that White Roes have been spotted, but what colour were the spots?? lol. :lol:

Paul

Use to see a white red hind regularly on a patch of ground i had next to some FC woodland.
It was about for a few years as the FC rangers used to track its movements to see how much ground it would cover.

John

Morning,

On the back of your comments and my doubts as well, I have written the journalist of the article an email last week and told her about our reservations. Yesterday, I have received an email back and she thanked me for our thoughts on this matter. The issue was further investigated and it resulted in a correction. The rectification is published on their site and picked up by many other media.

Apparently 3 or 4 white fallow does had escaped a deerfarm nearby back in July.

Regards,

Marcel

Back