Sierra 100gn Varminter in 6.5x55, OAL?

flytie

Dear all, if anyone has the Sierra reloading manual can you please give me the OAL for the 6.5x55 using the 100gn Varminter bullet?

Many thanks, Simon

FT, NOT looking to hijack thread, but just to tag along...if anyone has that (OAL) for .243 Hornday 87 g BTHP, please advise.

sorry FT, back to you...just didn't see need to start a new thread..

does it really matter what others use?????

ORG, no it doesn't, I just want to know what the Sierra book says. The 100gn Varminter will not seat near the lands, or into the leade to any extent, and if those nice people at Sierra have taken the trouble to find out what works I thought that's where I would start.

Simon.

FT, NOT looking to hijack thread, but just to tag along...if anyone has that (OAL) for .243 Hornday 87 g BTHP, please advise.

sorry FT, back to you...just didn't see need to start a new thread..

PKL, the Hornady manual C.O.L. for .243 win 87gn BTHP is 2.640"

Simon

Hi Flytie I use a C.O.L. of 73mm for my homeloads of Sierra 100grs HP Varmint in a Sako 75.

The Vihtavuori reloading guide has 72.4mm if thats any help.

Thanks chaps, if nothing else it gives me a starting point.

Border, do you find them a good round?

I tried 90gn Speer's and could not get them to group nicely, so i decided to try the Sierra Varminter as a chap has them in stock locally.

Simon

does it really matter what others use?????

Does it really matter what the reloading manual says?

No.

What matters is your chamber length and and your magazine length. Reloading manual COLs are to SAAMI specs so cartridges will fit in magazines and not get jammed into lands IN A SAAMI CHAMBER.

Paul

Does it really matter what the reloading manual says?

No.

What matters is your chamber length and and your magazine length. Reloading manual COLs are to SAAMI specs so cartridges will fit in magazines and not get jammed into lands IN A SAAMI CHAMBER.

Paul

A 6.5x55 case loaded with a 100gn bullet is hardly likely to have any problems fitting in the magazine, or into the lands in a 6.5x55 :rolleyes: So I could seat it anywhere I damned well please :doh: all I wanted was the COL recommended by Sierra for their bullet. Kindly someone has already given me that, as Lapua/Viht give it in their reloading charts :tiphat:

Simon

Back