Nice Little Chap

Lakey

Hi All,

With the days short and cold, and the weather often diabolical, thoughts often stray back to the warmer days of summer.

Here is a picture of a little chap taken at harvest time. He was being run off a stubble field by a larger buck, but just stopped for a few seconds next to where I was crouched in the hedge. I managed to take a few snaps, then he was on his way....

P1090945a.jpg

Nice picture, on a discussion point, it doesnt look in great condition to me? I am tempted to say that for the girth of antler and pearling on them that he may be going back? Also his face and body would lead me to say hes out of condition, possibly due to the rut? Or are my roe just podgy?!

No offence intended by the way.

No offence taken..... The roebuck wasn't on my ground, when I took the pictures. He had been resting with a doe when I spotted him from the road. I parked up and waited by the hedge near an open gateway. A larger buck showed up and promptly ran him off the doe. While the chasing was taking place (with the young buck trying desperately to try to get back to his doe) he ran past where I was standing enabling me to take a few shots including the one above. The older buck then proceeded to mate with his doe several times right in front of me. The young buck then came back and tried to regain his doe again only to be run off again and again. I suspect that had been the case for most of the rut hence his apparent poor condition.

Here is another picture of the young buck on one of his failed attempts to regain his doe

And here is the villian of the piece, the larger buck mating with the youngsters doe

The gremlins have crept in again, please double click on the first image (marked deleted) to see the first image:oops:

No offence taken..... The roebuck wasn't on my ground, when I took the pictures. He had been resting with a doe when I spotted him from the road. I parked up and waited by the hedge near an open gateway. A larger buck showed up and promptly ran him off the doe. While the chasing was taking place (with the young buck trying desperately to try to get back to his doe) he ran past where I was standing enabling me to take a few shots including the one above. The older buck then proceeded to mate with his doe several times right in front of me. The young buck then came back and tried to regain his doe again only to be run off again and again. I suspect that had been the case for most of the rut hence his apparent poor condition.

Here is another picture of the young buck on one of his failed attempts to regain his doe

And here is the villian of the piece, the larger buck mating with the youngsters doe

what a dirty old buck!!LOL:D

Back