2x180 grm venison steaks. Loin or Haunch.
Salt and black pepper.
Groundnut or olive oil.
For the Bernaise sauce.
110g/4 oz butter.
2 egg yolks.
3 tsp white wine vineger.
2 shallots. Roughly chopped.
1 tblsp of tarragon. Roughly chopped.
An optional pinch of cayenne pepper.
1. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan.
2. Brush the steaks lightly on each side with the olive or groundnut oil.
3. Season with coarsely ground black pepper.
4. Once the pan is nice and hot, place the steaks in the pan and sear for
3-4 minutes on each side or according to your personal preference.
5. Once the venison steaks have seared, grind a little course sea salt
6. Leave the steaks to rest for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
For the bernaise sauce.
1. Melt the butter in a small pan.
2. Place the egg yolks in a blender with the white wine vineger, shallots and tarragon.
3. Give the mix a quick whizz until you have a fairly smooth puree.
4. Add the melted butter slowly to the food processor and blitz until the sauce becomes thick and creamy.
5. I usually like to add a pinch of cayenne pepper or use coarse ground black pepper.
6. Pour the sauce over the venison steaks.
Serve with your choice of vegetables. Chips or potatoes.