Accucover

I got one and it is freakin fantastic.................:D
Essentially it ensures that your crosshairs are in line with the arrows, no parallax. It is a great training aid and really demonstrates parallax.
As you can tell I was impressed. ;)

I got one for my Docter Scope last week. According to the online table I'ld to order an E144. It arrived two days later and was too large. I checked that I hadn't made a mistake and emailed them. Got an email back from Nick apologising, saying it was Data from Doctor that he'ld used, and the next morning a smaller fitting replacement arrived. Fair play to them - - I'm impressed! This one fits perfectly and I've used it for last few days. Just getting used to it but it seems to be a worthwhile piece of kit.

JR

I wouod be very interested to know what you guys think of the material and build quality. I am thinking of these as replacements for the
crap that Butler Creek has been selling recently.

I wouod be very interested to know what you guys think of the material and build quality. I am thinking of these as replacements for the
crap that Butler Creek has been selling recently.

The point is they only do eye piece covers not objective covers. In my opinion there is no need for eye piece covers. I also broke my butler creek cover on first or second outing and would consider a replacement but I would only buy objective cover. No need for the fancy eye piece...

I got one for my Chrimbo, after not doing as well as I should have on a Fallow doe last year because of cant. Really makes you think about prallax error. I replaced the Butler Creek that bust first time out. I'd recommend getting one.

Just ordered one and will be trying it soon. Last time I got caught in the rain both lenses of the scope got wet plus bins. So worth it but also has the added advantage of the parallax correction. Can't be a bad thing even if your an A1 shot.

I bought one to try, used it on the foxing set up. They are good but not much use at night lamping as the yellow markers don't 'shine' up that much. Also the release button came off and fell into the back of the series 3!
So I emailed them the next morning and told the guys what happened, another turned up next day and the promise of another when a revised model comes out.

So I have put it on my stalking rifle which is a much better use of the cover i.e. low light fisrt and last thing. I also helps keep your head in line with the scope properly.

A bit disapointed to begin with but after such good service from the guys and now putting on the stalking rig I will keep with it.

Jonathon

Pardon me but reading all this I am getting the distinct impression that there are a lot of poorly fitted/set up rifles in use :eek:.

Now I don't know about you but when I raise a rifle to my shoulder i.e do a mount, the scope is alinged with my eye. One does not have to move ones head about serching for the reticle or clear view. I never look at the rear of the scope during this so how can some little yellow trinagles help when they would not even be noticed and my attention is on the target/quarry with the reticle superimposed onto it.

I am not looking at the rifle, back of the scope but through it at my target?

How have i ever managed to shoot deer all these years without one? Another useless bit of kit. What will they think of next.

I have them on all my scopes & have been pleased with them so far. Build quality is good & I like the fact that the pop up cover can be folded flat. According to the manufacturer there are plans to make matching objective lens covers in about a year.

Brithunter - you don't look at the yellow markers. You focus on your target as per normal & your brain subconsciously notices if the yellow markers line up with your reticule or not. You will find that you automatically correct any cant.

I have them on all my scopes & have been pleased with them so far. Build quality is good & I like the fact that the pop up cover can be folded flat. According to the manufacturer there are plans to make matching objective lens covers in about a year.

Brithunter - you don't look at the yellow markers. You focus on your target as per normal & your brain subconsciously notices if the yellow markers line up with your reticule or not. You will find that you automatically correct any cant.

Hmmmmm So let me get this straight firstly one must make sure the scopes reticle is dead true and square as per normal, then one must make sure that this little cover has it's yellow triangles lined up perfectly with the scopes reticle?

Yet if one sets his rifle and scope up correctly when one mounts the rifle it's in alignment already.

Hmmm unless I am missing something here it just seems like a way of lightening soemone wallet.

So I think I'll pass on this one.

Just a quick note to say AccuCover will have a stand at the British Shooting Show. We shall be on gunmakers row. Air Arms will also have the AccuCover fitted to their rifles on the plinking range. Give it a try and see us on the stand.

We will also be running a free to enter prize draw.

Hope to see you there.

ATB Nick

Scope lens covers, whatever make or design are in my view an absolute godsend, heavy rain & snow can put paid to a good chase, & as far as saying an ocular cover is not required, that's bull***t!, anyone who has remained motionless for hours in sub zero temps will know you need one.

Your right Finn,nothing wrong with scope covers. But how have i managed to shoot deer all these years without accucover and that includes sitting out in the freezing cold. We have quite a bit of cold here. Just another gimmick i can live with out. Cant and paralax just more b0ll0xs to think about.

Back