Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad news today......

Bad news today......

I had a letter from work today(I only work Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon)telling me that I have been dismissed for 'Medical Capability' in other words absenteeism.....I had 1 day for a wisdom tooth taken out,11 days with a broken rib,and 3 days after nearly chopping off my thumb.l've arranged to speak to a solicitor tomorrow as well as sign on.....haven't done that for a very long time!

Thats it get in that solicitors first thing , good luck with that and get everything you can out of them

Sorry to hear that- were your injuries sustained (wisdom tooth excepted ) whilst at work? If so you could have a claim against your employer and I might be wrong but I thought they had to consult with you to improve absenteeism before paying off- but your solicitor will be better placed to provide advice..

In any event good luck with sorting it out one way or tother

MARTIN. keep your head up ...remember if you can find stalking you will find another jod if it does gets to that ....ATB ....neil

Take them for everything you can, if your on the sick with your sore paw you don't require to sign on .

The citizens advice will give you free info before you head to a lawyer with a better knowledge of the situation.

Martin, sorry to hear that; good luck and all the best to you.

wish you well at this time
    Hope you get the result you deserve
    best wishes

That sounds bloody ridiculous!

How long have you worked there?

Medical capability sounds far more like a clause for long term absence or disability. Did they actually carry out any form of medical examination, or are they using a scoring system like Bradford?

Regardless,solicitor sounds the way, have you got any, ahem, "personal factors" that might explain the dismissal as discriminatory?

you know, black, disabled, gay/bisexual? Don't knock the prospect of having recently come out as being the last one

Hi Martin
    Sorry to hear your bad news hope your situation improves i have been on the sick since november i was taken to hospital again last monday with breathing problems,apparently its cardiomyopathy anyway my heart is knackered.Time we got together for a beer or two

As soon as I am driving again Geordie I will set up a meeting again for a chinwag mate,cheers......Martin