Where do I get an Eagle !

Thanks for replies - - my comment was a bit tongue in cheek but I suppose having an Eagle on your side for a change must be very interesting.

Sorry to spoil your fun but only Kings are allowed Eagles weren't they? As a mere commoner you are only entitled to a kestrel. And if you fly a bird above your station you may be punished. Cutting the hands off apparently.
:lol: Good luck.

Yep watched that programme with my Patterdales,they`re now bringing me my slippers,cups of tea etc.Best programme ever!!

Dont want to pi^$ on your chips a Goldie will set you back around 5k and if you have not got the experience to fly large birds of prey the experience could cost you a lot more also it is against the law to fly birds of prey even Eagles at deer in the UK yes even Munties and Chinese Water Deer if you want to experience Eagles Hunting Deer you need to go to Czech or Germany

Paul D

a m8 flys two goldens full time for a hunt one male and a female she is a real handfull at fat weight when moulting out . at flying weight ie 11 lbs she can take charlie and roe . a goldie could easily crush the living sh:t out of a novice handler and they know a novice ! my old 2.6lb harris used to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up when she stropped .the look on a foxs face when they realise the thing chaseing them is not a buzzard . priceless !

'Dunno about an Eagle, but training up a sparrowhawk would be useful here. The sparrows are a real pest and dominate everything to the extent that they drive the other birds away and crap on everything. I hear that sparrows are an endangered species elsewhere.

I watched an eagle try to drive deer over a rock face one late afternoon whilst I was sitting out at a den.. They split and came down either side of the cliff and the eagle was not amused. She wheeled up quite high and watched until a crow flew past between the edge of the corrie I was in, and the glen, croaking his way on his evening run. The eagle took a real spite at it and the last thing I saw was them both going hell-for-leather out of sight with the crow jinking and diving all over the place.

'Dunno about an Eagle, but training up a sparrowhawk would be useful here. The sparrows are a real pest and dominate everything to the extent that they drive the other birds away and crap on everything. I hear that sparrows are an endangered species elsewhere.

I watched an eagle try to drive deer over a rock face one late afternoon whilst I was sitting out at a den.. They split and came down either side of the cliff and the eagle was not amused. She wheeled up quite high and watched until a crow flew past between the edge of the corrie I was in, and the glen, croaking his way on his evening run. The eagle took a real spite at it and the last thing I saw was them both going hell-for-leather out of sight with the crow jinking and diving all over the place.

At'll teach them crows! For pestering all the red kites up here... You watch them and the buzzards happily gliding about then the crows just hound them, Noisy b******s. Wouldn't imagine a eagle is very manoeuvrable is it? Big bird like that.

they dive like a peregrine the higher the better .off the fist they look a little clumsey but they soon pick up . the problem hunting them in lowland is getting them fit to take quarry .it is so much easier in the hills as long as u dont have the public with there small dogs about . they are a very difficult bird that requires almost full time dedication to hunt. sadly falconry has got very popular and with that comes the cowboy element trading in birds who go from owner to owner .my first harris a male cost me £1000 in the 80s now i could easily get one for as little as £100 rant over sorry.

they dive like a peregrine the higher the better .off the fist they look a little clumsey but they soon pick up . the problem hunting them in lowland is getting them fit to take quarry .it is so much easier in the hills as long as u dont have the public with there small dogs about . they are a very difficult bird that requires almost full time dedication to hunt. sadly falconry has got very popular and with that comes the cowboy element trading in birds who go from owner to owner .my first harris a male cost me £1000 in the 80s now i could easily get one for as little as £100 rant over sorry.

Its ok, just let it all out...

Back