posting a moderator

I guess that if you could find a suitable replacement mod off ticket and your mod is listed as unknown maker with no number, you could make the off ticket mod your on ticket mod and then post the old one as the new one?

Not sure about the legality of that but 1. who would know and 2. my feo seems to think that's the way to play! :-|

A bit of rust fell out of my BR T8, when I phoned Jacksons the woman on the phone said I should post it to them for them to check it over.

I didn't in the end, and have decided to use it until its no longer viable.

'One .308 moderator, no number', for example.

I think an item described like that on a FAC is actually only 'on ticket' if it's physically on the rifle.

Consider:
PH mod on the .22LR requires authority on FAC.
The same PH mod on sub-12ftlb airgun does not require authority on FAC.

It therefore seems that removing the mod from the .22LR renders it a non-FAC item, which actually makes a great deal of sense. Moderators themselves are not AFAIK subject to any control - it is their use on FAC-requiring firearms that is controlled.

This might account for Jackson's (who ought to know, really) suggesting that the thing be posted back to them.

Just my thoughts on the matter, I hasten to add.:)

I had a T8 that cracked/rusted through on one of the spot welds a couple of years ago - a week after I'd sold it with a rifle so the buyer got my new Jet Z instead (with a cash adjustment! Lol!).

I rang and spoke to Peter Jackson and he said just to post it back to them for inspection and he would sell me a replacement at a discount (ie at trade price) - so I opted for another Jet Z which duly arrived in the post. Transaction completed as a 'service exchange'.

If it wasn't above board then Jacksons just wouldn't do it.

Best wishes
FBW

Post to rfd is legal, you can't post to fac holder as face2face needed and signature on their ticket. Easier to scrap it with tame rfd and sell your off ticket one instead.

Back