Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xxxxx

i haven't kept records except for animals i have taken to the dealers before. I keep the same details as 300wsm. When i get stalking again i will do full records but i will also do weather conditions.

I felt bad about asking for a ton of additional data before, without making any useful suggestions as to how to get it.

So thinking further about my original responses to your post, if you keep the details in a spread sheet you could set sun rise/set times in a column - just start from one known time and add + 8 mins a day (or whatever!), do a copy then subtraction/addition and get the time from each. Would take 3 minutes to do the whole lot if its already in a time format.

I'd even offer to look at your empty format and have a bash, might be a simple macro job.

to be absolutely, and to my shame, truthful I do not keep any records other than photographs. I rely on the photo jarring my memory if need be, but as for written records no.

Hello, my name is John and I am a non record keeper, there I've said it.

In my defence though I keep reloading records.

I have a small eley diary to keep a record of what we shoot,where we shoot it, how many(rabbits),weather etc. Have been doing this mainly for a small record over the year but also i have a supervision on my ticket at presant so it will help as proof of my outings at the same time.

I'm trying to get in to the habit of noting all my stalks in a diary.

I try and keep a record of the time, weather and beat stalked and details not only of deer seen but anything else of interest to me.

If I'm successful, I'll enter details of the time of the shot, approximate age, weight and condition of the deer, the range of and reaction to the shot and anything strange etc in the gralloch.

Until the start of the buck season my records were a simple list of the deer shot and where but with my memory going it is becoming difficult to try and remember the details of some individual stalks- I wish I kept more details.

I am also trying to remember to take my wife's digital pocket camera but each time I've done so I have had a complete blank

Well this made me think quite hard, so I had a look I have Blue Oyster Cult don't Fear The Reaper, ZZ Top Eliminator, A genuine pre -release Focus -Hocus Pocus, the Aristcats story LP and Great War Movie Themes
    and an Jim Reeves album of my mums .. could prob dig up a few more if anyones interested

What - you store that in your stalking diary?

Doh! You got me LE! Some days I'm just not that temporal.