browning x bolt trigger help needed

I and 2 other keepers next door have this problem, we have searched and searched, contacted local gunsmiths and asked Malmo guns who we all purchased the rifles off and all have told us you can't get a replacement trigger for them. One gunsmith said that you can take it apart very carefully and file something away (only a little bit) and that would help but non of use dare do it.

If you find anything keep me posted.

do you have your current spring out of the rifle ?

no dont want to mess around with it until i have a replacement part.

edit: i have just called a few people and sent a few emails and i could get one of my friends to post it to me from the states. can anyone see any problem with that?

Last edited:
Hi artschool,

if i had the original spring i could make you a new one, it would however take me a couple of weeks to recieve your spring, load test the original and make a few different samples and achieve your required load. it depends if you can wait that long? I will PM you my website as i am not a trade member on here just another stalker that happens to make springs for a living.

all the best

Daniel

Hi artschool,

if i had the original spring i could make you a new one, it would however take me a couple of weeks to recieve your spring, load test the original and make a few different samples and achieve your required load. it depends if you can wait that long? I will PM you my website as i am not a trade member on here just another stalker that happens to make springs for a living.

all the best

Daniel

cheers will look out for your pm.

Artschool, I would be interested to know how you get on as I have just posted on a similar thread about looking for a replacement trigger unit for the x-bolt. I consider mine to be slightly on the heavy side for me personally and would like to reduce it a tad. Have also seen the springs in the States for $6.95 plus shipping, but they are unwilling to post to UK. Not sure what sort of technical know-how would be required to replace a spring though, does anyone know??
Timney

Don't know if you've tried/ or if they'll post out to you, but these people do trigger springs, browning etc.--

searchhunters-rifles.gunsandfirearmsstore.info/browning-trigger-spring.php

Seen springs on there for aprox $7, hope this helps...callie

i have had my trigger apart on my x bolt and the spring is a different shape to usual. my gun smith tells me that even if you change the spring you wont be able to get lighter pullin weight. it is possible to get the pullin weight down to 1 1/2 lb but to acheive this you have to file part of the mechanisme away. i dont recomend doing this your self. chris blackburn of UK Gun Works knows how to do this. although i have this rifle my self i dont recomend it. they look good and are cheap in price. but they are cheap for a reason.

although i have this rifle my self i dont recomend it. they look good and are cheap in price. but they are cheap for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Hi Big Buck, welcome to the site. Well, what a bombshell you have dropped as your first post! The majority of members I have heard from (including myself) cannot sing enough praises for the x-bolt - can you enlighten us why you don't recommend it please? Are you seeing something the rest of the world are not? :eek: Do I need to be aware of something happening with it?
Timney

seems like everyone is having the same problem, the new trigger isnt as good as the one in Abolt at least there is a spring kit available for it in uk! if i cant get sorted soon im selling my rifle :mad: i think bigbuck might be on to somthing. If anyone has any joy with getting there trigger sorted please let us know

I have one of these x-bolts and yes the trigger is a little heavy but its like driving a new car just get used to it nothing wrong with the rifle and great value for the money

Why not do a search on here ?
This has come up time and time again, the fix is easy if you can cut a spring.
The company selling the lighter springs have an excellent how do do it piece with pics.
I have posted this before, and modified my own x-bolt, I arrived at a pull weight of 1lb 12oz.
This remained a safe, crisp trigger with no problems, and could be dropped a little lighter on the adjuster, or wound back up to 3lb.

Neil. :)

the only springs and kits i have found in uk are all for a bolt, ive had the trigger adjusted and its just over 2 1/2 lbs im happy with it just wondered if anyone had any other info or links on kits i may have missed

Rather than sell the rifle, im pretty certain that Timney or other companies will respond to request and provide a replacement spring for the X Bolt, which other than the slightly heavy trigger, which cant be ajusted much below 3lbs, is an excellent rifle for the money.

If the chap who makes springs does make one which has lighter compression than the standard, I for one would be interested in buying a heap of them....once a sample has been tested in field use rifles..

Back