Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meindl Vakums or Drover Extremes

Meindl Vakums or Drover Extremes

Lads looking to invest in a new pair of boots,most of my stalking is woodland ,on roads and tracks,and i dont see this changing in the foreseeable future.
    Would it be true to say that the the extra height in the Drovers would be more suited to the hill ?
    Has anyone had both of these boots,the brother has the Vakums ,and likes them so much he nearly wears them to bed.I'm just wondering what the advantages/disadvantages of the extra height in the Drovers might be.

Cheers..... B

Douvre Extremes are very good and heard nothing but good reports... plenty ankle support.

I have used Douvre Extreme's for 18 months, Granted the are a high leg boot plenty of support etc.

I find the trick is not to over tighten the laces, allowing some movement, works for me anyway!!!

Rgds. Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Iam on my 4th pair of Douvre Extremes,I would never have anything else .I have them on 7 days a wk.

Douvre extreme's you will not be dissapointed .

Yes the Dovre are very comfortable and keep your feet dry. I bought a pair exactly a year ago but only started wearing them in August .They are about to be sent back to Meindl the rand on both boots has split/cracked .I expect them to carry out the repair free of charge but that is at their discression.Iwill let you know how I get on .Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Cough up the extra money for lundhags i'll bet they'll work out cheaper in the long run JMHO.

I had a problem with my first pair of douvre's leaking on the left boot, they were about 18 months old and i sent them back to Bramwell who are the meindl agents in the UK and they tested them and confirmed a leak so they sent me a brand new pair.

Cant say fairer than that.

Blaser .270
    Hi if you have a retailer near you who sells Hanwag boots check out the trapper gtx range
    Got a pair last December wouldn't be without them they are brilliant fully waterproof very comfortable from day 1
    I tried on may makes of boot before going for these.

Thanks for all the replies men,i'm still confused.