Boots - Aigle Parcours Neoprene lined or Muck Boots Tay ??

Lightyear

Chaps,

As per the above - any quick answers much appreciated.

For stalking and high seat work.

Thank you

Philip.

Have had both, and both are good. I have muckboots at the moment. The biggest advantage of the muckboots is that they are cheaper. I bought my most recent pair 6 weeks ago at my local farm shop for £56.00!

Got them both, for a shoot day its the Aigle. For clambering round its the Mucks. The Mucks are more forgiving I've found and warmer. The only thing letting them down now at nearly 2yrs old is the smell. :lol:. The parcours can be gotten cheaper than bookprice if you keep your eye on other sites ;).

Last edited:
Unless you are wading in over a foot of water I don't think you can beat the comfort and versatility of good leather boots and canvas gaiters (neoprene is too noisy in heather and brush. Barbours are fine). The issued Army Pro-boots with Gore-Tex lining are £80 from Silvermans and really very good and you do not need to pay big name prices for comparable dryness, warmth, grip. Mine have stalked, shot and dog walked for the best part of 5 years and still have plenty of life in them. And they're British.

Have had both, and both are good. I have muckboots at the moment. The biggest advantage of the muckboots is that they are cheaper. I bought my most recent pair 6 weeks ago at my local farm shop for £56.00!
That is a good price !!!

I got the Muckboots for Xmas and love them. I suffer from cold feet and i think this winter is the first time i've felt my toes whilst in a high seat.

Good price too

Bought my second pair of muckboots. Got tay this time. Squeek like nobodies business in a metal high seat. The previus, Spay i think, never had that problem so possibly something to do with the compound. The tread is good on soft but not as comfortable on hard ground. Spey a better walking boot on multiterrain and in the high seat. That said I would not go past Muckboots,
Jim

Another for Muck Tay boots. Had all sorts of wellies but these do keep your feet warm and are comfortable for walking. Good value at the price.

On my 3rd pair of muck boots in 7 years, I also have the Hunter leather wellies for shoot days but to be honest for comfort I prefer the muck boots every time. warm comfortable and take no breaking in.

Dave

Thank you folks....I think I will go for the Tay.

I was going to go for the Tay Sport but as it is rarely -47C I think the Tay will do for me.

Best regards

Philip

On my 3rd pair of muck boots in 7 years, I also have the Hunter leather wellies for shoot days but to be honest for comfort I prefer the muck boots every time. warm comfortable and take no breaking in.

Dave
I haven't had a pair of Muck boots, but continually hear how good they are. However, they don't appear to last very long?!:confused:
3rd pair in 7 years sounds pretty awful to me!
I've had a pair of Le Chameau Vieznord neoprene lined ones for 10 years now and they are still going strong! I wear them pretty much daily throughout the winter months for both dog walking and shooting. The vast majority is over fields so the soles have little wear. They cost a bit but I'd have some more if and when this pair ever wear out!
MS:lol:

A vote for the Aigles Parcours from me, wear then for everything outdoors.

But beware they are not fox proof. A year or so ago I was out with a keeper who was wearing a pair he had bought himself out of tips for the season. During the mornings activities there arose a bit of a delicate situation were he had to disengage a rather agitated terrier from a rather upset fox. It was something he had done many times previously before, but it was the first time I had witnessed such events and I was quite surprised how it panned out. I will not repeat the response I got when I asked if this is how it always happens just after the fox ripped the wellie off the top of his foot then legged it over the horizon with a howling terrier in hot pursuit. The bite also left a very nasty infection to add insult to injury.

Last edited:
I've always used Chasseurs but they are just ridiculously expensive now so will be trying the Muck Boots when my current pair give up the ghost..

Ive had Grub stalker boots for a couple of years really comfy but they have split just where your toes bend, so have a pair of Muck Tay sport on the way.

I have had Chamou neoprene zipped wellies but nearly 200 quid now for wellies I don't think so.

Back