Thread: Help needed to find work

Help needed to find work

Hi guys.
    im wondering if anyone could help me find some work. I'm about to finish work on an estate where i'am a stalking ghillie and I have just found out that my next job doesn't start until the 13th of June so I'm going to be unemployed for three and a half months which is obviously far from ideal So I'm wondering if anybody knows of anyone in Scotland that might require a second stalker to help with roe buck guests?
    I've got a full clean driving license, open FC, dmq 1 and nearly finished 2, experienced in the use of atvs, have a fully trained deer dog and I have a huge amount of experience stalking red roe and sika with and without guests.
    any length of work would be great.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks Tikka 270.

Can`t help on the work front but good luck in finding something to tide you over.
    It`s a cruel world out there nowadays.
    Last edited by basil; 17-02-2011 at 21:09.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Thanks mate! Your right its a nightmare just now.

Tikka 270

Good luck with the search Tikka, am sure something will come your way soon.........

Another well wisher here good luck

There's an advert in Shooting Times for a beat keeper on the Glamis Estate - roe stalking experience would be an advantage. You might be able to help out until they fill it on a permanent basis. I think Stephen Stubbs is the head keeper, I stalked with when he was on Islay; he's a good guy and knows his stuff.

Thank you for the kind comments and Job ideas guys they are really appreciated. Still trying to find something.

Have a look at (or .com) Not going to be many Stalkers jobs but plenty of seasonal rangers/wardens posts etc, might not be what you are after but you might find something interesting that would also add diversity to your CV for the future. JC

Thanks for that jc275, something like that would be quite good and as you said it adss something different to my CV. I'll get on there now and have a look.

Stalker / Estate Worker, Letterewe Estate
    Stalker / Gamekeeper, West Coast Estate

Advertised on Countryside Jobs not sure if they are anywhere near you Tikka 270

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!