Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biothane equipment

Biothane equipment

Thought I'd put this in Dogs section rather than in General.
    I've just bought in some biothane tracking collars and a leash for review,but have no time between now and the British Shooting show next week to trial these before they go on our stand.
    As we never sell untrailed or unreviewed products is there anyone out there with an opinion on this new tech material.
    Last edited by Kit; 19-02-2011 at 12:44. Reason: bad grammer

I have a biothane 2 in 1 lead from the states, very flexible good grip looks a bit like leather but doesnt go hard when wet then dried.

I am pleased with it.

I have one lead with little dimples on very similar to reins for horse riding, one two in one lead and a tracking line.
    They are maintenance free, if they get plastered in mud you can wash it off and two minutes later it is dry. Personally I always liked a leather lead but since having these they have become my first choice every time.
    They are all very 'grippy'.
    Hope this helps.

I use a tracking lead from the states, its made by Permatak. I have found nothing that comes close to it! Very strong, hard waring and feels a bit like leather. Totally maintenance free. Not used the biothane but I would never use anything else than my Permatak. They also made me a Jager lead with double snaps. Bloodtracking - Rescue Canine

Will trial them for you

Quote Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
    Will trial them for you
    Weather Witch,

I have put your Biothane tracking lead in the post today. I did promise you some time ago and I am sorry it has taken so long to post it.

A very forgetfull Steyr

Many thanks (wasn't dropping hints!)

Hope all ok

Steyr has also kindly provided me with an excellent orange biothane tracking lead - flat smooth version - that does not kink or get caught up easily.

I believe that Paint and Pins have also been supplying them for some time?

Attachment 5116

As well as a Biothane sling lead:

Attachment 5117

Biothane equipment

Thanks to all of you that gave sensible feedback.Had a chance to do some training with the new leash this week .Nice product as Orion says does not kink or attract thorns,very visible in a dark wood.Possibly not one for the traditionalists as the leather leashes mature like a good wine.Will be getting in various versions of these leashes in the next few weeks. image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1049.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	318.4 KB 
ID:	5118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1051.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	5119
    We currently have the collars in stock and we are following our policy of holding stock of everything shown on our site dependant on demand.
    See you at the British Shooting Show Newark

I use a biothane lead, found them very good will snake round most things and dont get caught up.
    I got myself another one from these people
    5 meter lead about 20 and 10 meter about 30